Want to work in a team with Eidos?

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Want to work in a team with Eidos?

Post by [FGS]Shadowrunner »

I wrote to Eidos and proposed a DXMP: HR project. It has been accepted. A project now exists between Eidos and FGS, who will form the hub of the project. It involves the community recreating as much as possible of Deus Ex 3 and hosting this on DXMP servers with full support from Eidos. The issue of exclusivity and when assets will be released is being discussed at the moment. Sorry I can not give a schedule at the moment. At the very least there will be some DXMP maps, mods and mutators. The pinnacle, a reasonable conversion of augs and weps and the project being part of a DVD gift set, along with other important MP material.

The reasons are obvious, in the last few weeks numbers of players have risen back to 2008 levels at times and show signs of achieving far greater figures, even before the release of Deus Ex 3. A DXMP: HR Server will offer something exciting both to DX3 and DXMP players. Since Eidos will promote this project and are offering their full support, it has the potential to capitalize on the increasing numbers of DXMP players and for the first time since 2004, it is possible that this project could create demand for more servers even. It is also a fantastic step towards closer relations between the DXMP community and Eidos. You may have noticed that right now on sites like Facebook, DX: HR spams cut price offers of DX1 on Steam.

Schedule is subject to the release date of exclusivity on the assets of the game.
Benefits are to be announced, although Eidos guarantee full support including some PR.
Expenses of production/hosting have been mentioned but I can not be clear about any money right now, besides I don't want people whose main aim is to work part time for money on this, I want people who firstly believe in the project and its benefits for DXMP. I've mentioned money for expenses, that is all at the moment. One thing at a time. If a coder needs extra time, then we will look at that.
Team is to be finalized, although there are at least 2 Eidos members and 2 community members so far who will lending time to the project it seems. We are seeking many more.
It would be my wish that all corners of the community are represented, if they so wish, so that OTP members, Alpha members, DXMS members, FGS members, U members and so on will all be able to make a major impact on the project and benefit from what's on offer, including all usual blaggable freebies.

The Roles available within this project: Roles in bold need to be finalized as soon as possible.

Modellers/Animators - You have made a weapon before.
Coders who can spare any time at all - You can code.
Advanced Coders who can spare time to consult specifically regarding coding aspects
Mappers - you have made a hosted multiplayer map before that's played or was popular.
Public Relations/Community Managers - You visit all clan forums and love websites, Your English is good.

Administrators - You are a good forum administrator, Your English is reasonable. You make forums.
General Project Consultants
Deus Ex Officianados
"Office" Managers - You are good with people and getting things done smoothly. Problem solver
Artworkers/Designers - you have made a sig or logo before.
Forummaker - 1337 forum maker
Anybody who has worked on DXRV or Hejhuka's projects.

Thank you for reading about this exciting project.
Darma
UNATCO

Re: Want to work in a team with Eidos?

Post by Darma »

will eidos work on it with the team?
can you connect on msn?
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

MSN? probably not? Something else.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

This sounds really interesting.
Looks like I'm gonna have to get my arse back onto DXMP.
Sorry I can't help in anyway. My modding skills are nothing to be desired :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Hi Nerdie, a lot of people getting their butt back in at the moment :)

Most coders so far have expressed a wish to help out but not take on the main responsibility, so there would be an army of coders to help the coders who do decide to take the challenge.
I'd make sure you get an Eidos hat and a Hive Bar T-shirt ;).
JC Denton wrote: 30 credits says I get this guy
@Darma, to answer your question, I am rarely on msn, Deus Ex and SDK push my gf to the limit.
Most issues can be dealt with by pm. Eidos offer "full support" and community managers are discussing when exclusivity on assets could be released. That is all I can say right now, except that the support will include some promotion of the project.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I don't really have any applicable skills(being much to bad at PR to be forum guy) so I'm just posting this to show my support.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Thanks a lot.
As a player and forum user, you have more skills and talent that you realize.
Some players get on board by knocking up textures for us, or simply having plot/script ideas.
Here's two from Deus Ex: The Day After made by [FGS]IchoTolot for us:
Not all our textures are so 1337 of course, some are just text-based etc.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

my map DXMP_DeepBlue was hosted a lot. It is not on servers much anymore though as it doesn't have "UnlimitedParty" in it anywhere. Which is a lie btw it is quite limited, not a party, and a horrendous idea.
Allan
NSF

Post by Allan »

I'm willing to help out with stuff such as the ugly mess known as Window/UI coding, when I'm not too tied up with DXSM/TREM.
Click, and watch with false amazement as this dragon grows up.
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Allan wrote:I'm willing to help out with stuff such as the ugly mess known as Window/UI coding, when I'm not too tied up with DXSM/TREM.
Oooh, I know about TREM, but what is DXSM?

That's amazing support Allan, thank you. I figured we were going just for DLC to start with, maps, weps, augs, any mods. But the idea of a UI based on DX3's UI, or being able to hack using a mini-pacman game like DX3 is exciting.

Even something like Command_Post, when it tells you who has launched the airstrike, is that UI?
Darma
UNATCO

Post by Darma »

TREM That resident evil mod
DXSM Deus Ex Survival Mode
Allan
NSF

Post by Allan »

DXSM is basically a multiplayer tech-demo for TREM. (It's also the focus of almost all of Deus Evil's development at the minute.)

The plan is: make DXSM workable, get community feedback on it, and improve it and TREM through the feedback.

( Also, were I to work on this, I'd need someone else to do the textures. I can't draw the pretty bits you see in the game - but I can code them into it. ;) )
Click, and watch with false amazement as this dragon grows up.
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Protocol is on board and possibly a guy called Yachs.
Also Wildcat and Darma may or may not have modelling skills.
It appears we only need 2 augs models, blade and claymore. Icarus landing system will be rare and probably map-based zoning, as for wep models that is the crunch question with Eidos.
At the moment, until we have trailers and work in progress, we are dealing with the things that are easier to ask Eidos, like a couple of skybox textures and a sample of music, the sort of thing they have already released. We have a guy called Jobe and myself also making 2D textures.
I think Protocol should be able to provide modelling. I believe Darma has already some code for PEPS.

As for player skins, rather than making a new gametype, for the time being, something like the clothing mod in DXPZ Cybris is not far off what players need, ThugMale3(very Jensen-like), Jordan Shea, WIB, Luminous Path, Red Arrow, that kind of thing, but if players automatically had new skins that would rock. Jordan Shea, ThugMale3 with black arms, then a Barret-like skin and one for Bellpower guys perhaps. But then that is leading towards AG-style, which could be much work, including weps and augs. So maybe a clothing mod is better. I just map :)

I played TREM on a test server in May and it was awesome, enormous fun, the UI stuff was impressive.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

[FGS]Shadowrunner wrote:I played TREM on a test server in May and it was awesome, enormous fun, the UI stuff was impressive.
Uh-- we never had public testing servers.. AFAIK. It might be RedGreasel's mod, not TREM.

GOOD LUCK GUYS.
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Lightninja? says he is making a zombie mod as well lol...

We we are 300th mod out of 13,170 on Moddb at the moment.
About 80-160 people per day viewing the Mod page.

I'm calling my next DX mod something like COD: MW3, should get a few more hits even...