Few questions

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Lollercoaster
Mole Person

Few questions

Post by Lollercoaster »

1. How can I use the TNM SDK (not including tools)? I recently put all the TNM files into the respective deus ex folders, and edited the deusex.ini. All the actors and stuff seem to already be in the editor, so for what is the TNM SDK i downloaded? All the files are .UC, so I don't even know how to use them. Do I need to compile them first or something? If so, whats the best way to do that?

2. Can I edit TNM (make my own TNM style maps) in UED 2.0 (the one hacked for dx)? The old deus ex SDK just doesn't cut it for me anymore... I wanna be sure how to do this if it's possible, so I don't break anything. Should I just put the UED 2.0 files in the deus ex system folder?

3. Can I open maps made in the old dx SDK with UED 2.0?

4. How can I be sure my maps that I create in either UED are using the new vision textures? Should I edit all the .ini files to include UseS3TC=true in the openGL section?

5. Which OpenGL renderer (openGLDrv.dll) is the best? That won't cause any problems like compatibility issues and stuff. Should I use the TNM one, or the new vision one, or what?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Few questions

Post by nerdenstein »

2. Yes you should be able too. I haven't tryed myself but you should in theory be able too. I don't think you need to do anything to UED 2.0's files.
3. Yes.
4. If Deus Ex runs New Vision textures, your map will too. They just don't appear in the editor. If you didn't have NV textures installed, they would just show (ingame) as normal textures.
5. New Visions Renderer is better. Not to say TNM's is bad but NVs Renderer is suited for running NV. I don't think TNM's is.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.