Custom Augmentations

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Kalman11
Mole Person

Custom Augmentations

Post by Kalman11 »

Hi!
I'd like to make a custom augmentation: Automatic Regeneration, but I can't put it to the Augmentation Manager, because if I edit the AugmentationManager.uc and I recompile the DeusEx.u, it gives an error.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: Custom Augmentations

Post by G-Flex »

If you specify the error that the compiler is giving, I might be able to help.

Edit: Just realized I responded to a months-old post. Whoops.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Rofl, I'm actually quite curious about this. I'm a little ashamed to admit, but I don't know how, say if I wanted TNM's version of the automatic energy recirculator or the no-drain with upgrade light, how do shold I do it? I'm worried I'll have to import more than just the augmentation from the TNM SDK.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

The Shifter implementation (and therefore mine) of the automatic power recirculator doesn't alter the augmentation's class at all, actually. It's just a bit of scripting in the AugmentationManager class, specifically in the CalcEnergyUse() function. It's a bit of math determining whether you'd be better off with it on (if inactive) or off (if active), and toggles it accordingly if necessary.

The way augs work in general is... variable. Some augs initiate their effects on activation/deactivation, and some get checked for in the scripts for whatever they affect. For instance, if you want to alter how the enviro-resistance aug affects damage resistance, you have to look at the damage-handling functions in DeusExPlayer.uc, not just AugEnviro.uc. So it really depends on the aug in question and what the mod does with it. One thing you can do is search through the mod's source for all instances of the aug's class name (say, "AugBallistic") to see where it's explicitly referred to.

So yeah, you'd have to look at the mod's classes for those augmentations, and see what makes them work as they do in those mods. For the light, odds are you'd just have to import the class, but make sure you take a look at it first to see if the necessary changes appear to be there. Really, there's no harm in testing.