Gun turret as a gun

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Morpheus
X-51

Gun turret as a gun

Post by Morpheus »

I was trying a few things but haven't really worked for me since I haven't modded in ages so I forgot how to do some things. What I was wanting to do is use the gun turret head (the gun itself) as a weapon and have part of the barrel appearing centred on first person view as it will act like its two handed (not all the gun since there is the back part that would restrict view) and use the firing animation as the shooting animation and make it work like an assault gun but be a bit heavier (not as heavy as a LAW or GEP gun) so you have to walk a little slower to use it.

I tried something similar a long time ago but must have deleted the files since I can't find it, but I had a acoustic gun sensor as a gun, had first person view center it and used the top of the sensor as the end of the gun where the bullets fire out of it.

For the gun turret gun, I want when you reload it, to have the first person view hidden until it reloads since the gun turret has no reload animation for obvious reasons. I basically want it to work the same as a assault gun, use 7.26mm but also be able to fire 1 rocket like LAWs (load one at a time but have 4 in an ammo clip) but do the same amount of damage as 20mm HE since they would fire straigth out of the barrel rather than fall downwards.

Anyone know how I could do this?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Kaiza Killa
Thug

Re: Gun turret as a gun

Post by Kaiza Killa »

I'm sorry that I don't have any advice on how to accomplish this, but I do think that using the sentry gun as a usable weapon is such a deliciously evil idea. I love it.