Bringing over classes from TNM SDK

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Bringing over classes from TNM SDK

Post by Jonas »

Well have you tried designating the tag of the destination just like with teleporters?

yourmapname#destinationteleportertag

Pretty sure you can do that, send a player to a certain teleporter by using a MapExit.

Why not just look at how we did it in TNM? Or how they did it in Deus Ex even, I bet they did it this way several times too.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Hey sorry for some reason I missed or forgot that you wrote this, and I just tried it, and yeah it works perfect. just had to do the "#teleportname" and everything worked fine. Thanks a million. You're right, it is probably something I would have figured out by myself, but I had not even placed a map exit, and I usually try to read up on it in a tutorial before I try. When I couldn't find it I usually ask, because I have made some irreversible mistakes already. I feel like I'm trying to learn stone age technology, here, but I doubt I have the time or resources to do this using a newer editor. I originally downloaded the newest udk to do this a year ago, but there's no way I'm going to be able to create all of Deus Ex's logistics. So thank you again.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Got a problem now wherein I cannot "transfer" PlasticCoffee using con-edit. I can transfer on the standard Deus Ex items, but is there something I need to do extra in order to transfer the PlasticCoffee?
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ