Question about the possibility of two tiny mods.

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Massaca
NSF

Question about the possibility of two tiny mods.

Post by Massaca »

Now, I know that I can't do make/implement these but I'm curious anyway.

I was thinking about the Realistic difficulty today and was wondering if it were possible to mod DX so that:

1) Opening the inventory/goals/etc. screens didn't pause the game. (eg. everyone else can still move, you can still be shot)
and
2) Have ammo take up inventory space but remove the maximum ammo limit. The idea would be to have all ammo types take up 1 slot but hold a decent amount of ammo, like maybe 5 rockets per slot or 12-18 sniper rounds.

As I said, I can't do these, I'm just curious to if they're actually possible.
In a world without rules, danmaku is nonsense. ~ Marisa Kirisame
Neveos
X-51

Re: Question about the possibility of two tiny mods.

Post by Neveos »

I'm sure, but I just thought of how funny/clever it is that enemy NPCs wait for you to finish a conversation before they fire at you. You think, "Oh neat they want to arrest me." and then they open fire the moment the conversation ends and you think, "oh they were just being polite."
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Massaca
NSF

Post by Massaca »

Yeah, I quite like that and wouldn't want to change it but IMO it would be nice if the inventory screen didn't pause when playing on realistic.
I might need to look into basic modding again.
In a world without rules, danmaku is nonsense. ~ Marisa Kirisame
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

I would think it would be fairly easy go make it so ammo takes up inventory space. No clue on the game continues while in menu but it sounds possible...
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...