Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Salk
UNATCO

Re: Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

Post by Salk »

G-Flex has not made himself heard for some time now but the source code for Human Renovation is available in the first post of this topic although I fear it's missing the latest improvements made by G-Flex, unfortunately still waiting to be completed.

Could that be of any interest to you, kocmo?

I have great expectations for your UnifiedDeusEx modification. I just wish G-Flex would return to modding as I believe his Human Renovation Patch/Mod to be the most interesting project together with your own.

Keep up the good work! =D>
kocmo
Thug

Post by kocmo »

Hi Salk,

Btw, thank you for pointing me towards Human Renovation in the 1st place :-)
Salk wrote:G-Flex has not made himself heard for some time now but the source code for Human Renovation is available in the first post of this topic although I fear it's missing the latest improvements made by G-Flex, unfortunately still waiting to be completed. Could that be of any interest to you, kocmo?
Yes, we are using Human Renovation in our projects ;-) Can't say more now, you'll have to ask Bjorn.
Salk wrote:I have great expectations for your UnifiedDeusEx modification.
We have absolutely fantastic things planned for unifiedDeusEx (heck, I'm having trouble believing it myself :-)). Right now we're a bit occupied with integration work for upcoming Revision 1.0 release, but you should prepare to be amazed with unifedDeusEx progress over the coming months :-) Things we are planning:
  • Being able to use either 1x-sized (640x480) or 2x-sized (1280x960) HUD & UI from the same DeusEx.u, together with all appropriate high-quality graphical assets, with any renderer
  • Integrating Human Renovation
  • Integrating Smoke's Mod in a modular fashion (allowing to enable or disable its functionality)
  • Increasing rendering performance by splitting it into multiple threads
  • Visual quality improvements for the renderer, like per-pixel lighting, etc. (yes, you heard that right ;-))
  • Adding support via adaptation packs for all major campaign mods (Zodiac down; TNM, 2027, Nihilum, Terminus Machina to go)
Salk wrote:I just wish G-Flex would return to modding as I believe his Human Renovation Patch/Mod to be the most interesting project together with your own.
Whenever creating bugfixes, I will try to extract them as standalone patches and notify respective mod authors.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Hello, kocmo!

Wow, the list of the upcoming features of UnifiedDeusEx is truly astonishing! Especially the per-pixel lightingm from a mere technical standpoint (I can't even being to think how you can accomplish something like that with that old engine). =D>

And I am just very glad to see you joined forces with Björn. I am sure you two can do great things together and will deliver a never before thought Deus Ex experience.

I am really thrilled. It's me forever in debt with you for what you have done and are doing for us gamers. I do wish you all the best and godspeed! ;)
kocmo
Thug

Post by kocmo »

Salk wrote:Especially the per-pixel lighting from a mere technical standpoint (I can't even being to think how you can accomplish something like that with that old engine). =D>
Yeah, we'll have to do something about Render.dll
Salk wrote:I am really thrilled. It's me forever in debt with you for what you have done and are doing for us gamers. I do wish you all the best and godspeed! ;)
Salk, thank you for kind words :-), but seriously, you're way exaggerrating. We're just another modding crew of the many, and plus I'm a latecomer to the scene. That said, we'll try to do what we can to improve our favorite game :-)
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Hi G-Flex, how are things going with the latest version? As we are basing Revision's DeusEx.u on yours I'm anxious to get your latest release that includes all your fixes. For instance I don't think you've uploaded the code that prevents tear gas from gas grenades to spawn through walls, and that would be useful to us along with a lot of other stuff. :P
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Hi G-Flex, how are things going with the latest version? As we are basing Revision's DeusEx.u on yours I'm anxious to get your latest release that includes all your fixes. For instance I don't think you've uploaded the code that prevents tear gas from gas grenades to spawn through walls, and that would be useful to us along with a lot of other stuff. :P
Crap. Sometimes I forget that people are actually waiting for me to do this stuff.

Full disclosure: I'm really bad at being motivated! Once I lose steam, it's hard for me to get it back, especially if I'm busy with other stuff. I also took on way too much at once with Human Renovation's latest version, so it's going to be quite a hassle.

That being said, I want to make an effort soon to get that and my map patch done. So uh, hang in there I guess? I'd feel insincere making any more of a promise than "I'll get back on it pretty soon".
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I understand how it becomes increasingly more difficult to find motivations to go back to a project where you know you'll have to invest lots of time and energy.

Still, considering how much you have already done since the last version was out, it'd be a crying shame to let it rust like that.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Well it's still going to be some time until we are ready to release, can't give a good date as it involves a lot of bugfixing, getting all maps done, sending out another beta, fixing again. And so on. However the sooner the better as it would allow kocmo to implement your changes and for us to test them. :)
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I didn't expect Human Renovation to end up like this.

I hope G-Flex has not totally abandoned the modding scene (I am also wondering what happened to kocmo)... :cry:
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yeah, I hope G-Flex comes back, there is a lot that can be fixed/improved upon.

kocmo on the other hand has left the gaming and modding community for good I think, sadly. I do talk with him from time to time.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:kocmo on the other hand has left the gaming and modding community for good I think, sadly. I do talk with him from time to time.
This is totally unexpected.

He had such enthusiasm. I am really sad to hear that.
Baldur
Thug

Post by Baldur »

Any news? :(
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Dead.
Mr Puffy
Mole Person

Post by Mr Puffy »

Is this mod (Human Renovation) compatible with revision?

I think revision might include human renovation's bug fixes, but i'm not sure if it includes its balance fixes. Deux Ex had some pretty crappy balancing where the best mods were always completely obvious with no reason to choose certain options, so I was happy to see this mod, I just hope there is still interest in finishing it one day. Deus Ex is still a great game after all these years!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Revision includes a modified version of Human Renovation as it's our default gameplay mode. One of the major things we reverted was the Athletics skill and all that involved, as we felt that was too drastic a change. We mostly wanted it as default because of the various bug fixes and small balance changes.

Also spoke with G-Flex, he is still working on it just very slowly.