Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

Post by G-Flex »

I can't speak for every gameplay mod, but of the ones I've seen, yes, they replace the original package (DeusEx.u), because they alter the classes and scripts in it. In the case of my mod, you replace your existing DeusEx.u file with the one in my mod, preferably backing up the old one.

You also have to replace DeusEx.int if there are text changes covered by the mod, as that's the file containing the text in the different languages the game supports.

If you want to know more I recommend looking at the readme file on the Google Code page for this mod; you can download it separately from the mod itself.
voodoo47
Mole Person

Post by voodoo47 »

awesome work,I was waiting for something like this for a long time.before I start to play-has the issue with npcs having absolutely no reaction at unconscious bodies been fixed? as a stealth player,I have always been bothered to no end by this.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I don't know how I could have missed this.

First of all, thanks G-Flex for your work. I hope you'll find the right motivation to keep improving this patch so that Deus Ex will be played with as little bugs as possible. =D>
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Thanks! Lately I haven't been sure what else I can add, though. I'm open to suggestions, but I can't think of any other bugs to iron out or obvious improvements to make, aside from maybe finding out some way to salvage the Aqualung aug, and someday finding out a way to fix the light amp (first-level vision aug) so it actually works the way it ought to.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall that version 1.112f of the game messes up some maps?

There is already a patch out at http://www.dxm.be/navigator.php5?lang=en&content=202 that should take care of the problem, I guess?
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Interesting. It looks like that's just a map pack, so it shouldn't conflict with anything in my mod or other mods that don't touch the map files. As such, and because I can't vouch for it, there's no particular reason for me to include it with my mod. Definitely a good thing to look at for anyone encountering those bugs, though.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

G-Flex wrote:As such, and because I can't vouch for it, there's no particular reason for me to include it with my mod. Definitely a good thing to look at for anyone encountering those bugs, though.
From what I understood, everyone using the latest official version of the game should experience those bugs in the maps. The mod author speaks actually of "Collector disks" ( :-s ). What is it?

My own edition is an Eidos release that belongs to the "Premier Collection" line (here: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=55199). Anything I should know about it?
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

I haven't installed that map fix pack, and I can definitely recall seeing that elevator escape hatch, so... I'm not really sure how it applies.

I don't know much about the "Special Limited Edition" except that it's apparently a demo.

I haven't done any extensive comparisons between releases myself. I might link to that map fix pack just like I do for kentie's launcher and such, though, since it seems like it might be useful to people. Thanks for letting me know of it.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

You're very welcome.

I have actually read about this link in this very forum somewhere (can't remember where exactly).

Again, thanks for creating the Human Renovation patch!
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

doog1114 wrote:Hey. I am having FOV issues when I load up the game, and also when I actually start to play the game. I followed the install instructions very carefully, including the part about getting kentie's launcher. No problems there... but still no dice. I have no other mods, and I'm using the steam version so I'm sure it's up to date. To clarify those "FOV issues", I mean that the game looks zoomed in as soon as I start it. The Deus Ex logo itself gets cut off, and this follows into the actual gameplay.
There was a problem in v1.21 (and possibly v1.2) of the mod that I just noticed. I fixed it, version 1.22 is up, and it should be fine now. I apologize for not catching it sooner!

That goes for everyone else, too; I definitely recommend downloading the new version. Saves should be compatible.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I am playing with Chris Dohnal's Direct3D 9 renderer, Kentie's latest deus.exe (v28), New Vision and Human Renovation.

I have just started but I am finding no issues. I'll report here in case something pops up, if you like.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Thanks.

Also, I think the new version has a shrinking ray you can spawn with the console, which I was working on as a joke ('summon weaponshrinkgun'). It seems to cause weird crashes after a while of using it, for some bizarre reason, and might have bad implications regarding NPC behavior, so... yeah, be careful with that. I should probably put a warning up about that somewhere.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Well... Isn't it enough to just not use the console to summon the shrinking ray (funny though) to avoid any possible issues? :smile:

By the way, I love the neat style of your readme... :giggle:
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

So far so good.

There is only one thing where I'd like to see a serious improvement: the enemy AI... It really sucks.

There is a mod (Hardcore DX) that promises, among other things, enhanced AI (I never got around to try it though). Has anyone had any experience with it?

Here's what the new AI should be capable of (note: the part in bold is what I believe a very welcome enhancement)
5) AI was also heavily modified to keep the balance with the improved weaponry. The modified AI has faster reactions, can use the alternative firing mod and uses it smartly, some of the characters can communicate and call for help, retreat, take cover, calculate the relative strength of the actual enemy. Some of the enemies can avoid aiming, projectiles and can track with the GEP Gun. There are also about 10 types of NPCs. On every map there are a lot of new enemies and allies spawned and nearly all NPC has a randomized inventory so you will never know what they have. So be prepared for surprises, new boss fights, ambushes, etc. Also be prepared to get new friends in a form of a controllable cyborg dogs and spider bots.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I love the Hardcore DX mod.
I get my arsed kicked every time on Liberty Island though. :lol:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.