Custom Skill

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
androidmt319
Thug

Custom Skill

Post by androidmt319 »

I noticed in the TNM, the skill Swimming is replaced with WeaponFists. I want to add a new skill for my mod. How do I do that? My skill do not do anything. It is like a passive skill, but it is useful for conversations. It is called Speech. I already got the texture for it. I created a class called SkillSpeech. I used the default Deus Ex skill classes as example to modify to my skill. I also created a SkillManager class. I do not know if I did it right. I edit my player class as well. When I run my map, the Swimming skill disappeared, but my skill did not show up. So what exactly do I need to do to make my skill show up? I attached my texture and classes if they will help.
Attachments
Skill.zip
(3.66 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: Custom Skill

Post by G-Flex »

Why exactly did you need to create a skillmanager class? Shouldn't it be able to handle basically any skill? I'm not sure where in the code this is, but you'll need to actually do what's necessary to make it show up in the skill screen as well.

I might look into this further tomorrow, when I have more time.