Human Revolution: extracting packages

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Drew
Thug

Human Revolution: extracting packages

Post by Drew »

This might be the wrong forum to talk about this but, well, it is off topic productions...

For research purposes, I grabbed the DX press beta that got leaked, mostly to see how well my onboard video ding handles the game as well as to examine the structure of the datafiles. It's the Crystal Dynamics engine, so that means none of the utilities made for the first DX or other Unreal-based editing tools will work. The resource files seem to be bigfile.000, bigfile.001, and bigfile_english.000. Based on the file sizes, I'm guessing the english one is voice, the .000 is music/sfx and the 001 is graphics. No extraction utilities I've found have been able to work, but I haven't been looking too terribly hard as yet. If anyone has any ideas or wants to try and code up something I'd very much appreciate it.
Neveos
X-51

Re: Human Revolution: extracting packages

Post by Neveos »

I don't understand what you are talking about, but I did have an issue in the beginning when I went to use my ex gf's awesome comp to work on the first editor and the sucker kept crashing on start-up for no apparent reason. Made me think something about the newer hardware being incompatible with the older software.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ