Teleport NPCs

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
androidmt319
Thug

Teleport NPCs

Post by androidmt319 »

I know the teleporter teleports you when you bump into it. So how do I make NPCs teleport to another map or another area of the same map. Ok. So I got three prisoners in their own cells with the doors locked. On the second floor, there is a computer. When I login to it, I can open the prison doors to set them free. So I want them to teleport away from the prison to a place where the player can not see or go to them. If that is not possible, is there a way to make them disappear? It will be stupid if I make the NPCs run to a certain locations to hide from the player. I can just login to the computer and open it. Then I can just hurry and run downstairs to follow them to where they hide(As in trying to disappear at least). The teleporter does not work on NPCs when I try it. So how can I make a NPC teleport? I just want them gone when I open the doors with the computer.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Re: Teleport NPCs

Post by ~DJ~ »

There's a bool.. bHidden, see if it helps you with anything, if you've created some sort of mission script I suppose it'll be easy just to make them bHidden true? :oops:
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

It is actually bInWorld or something like that. If you don't know how to use the mission script, you can use these triggers provided by DDL found here: http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 36&t=10761
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Venom3
Thug

Post by Venom3 »

Hello,

I'm sure these triggers are very good... But I've got a problem:

I would like to use the all these triggers. But I don't know how to install it correctly.
Of course, these are .uc files, so I think I have to put them into my package. But when I try to compile it using UCC, I get an error:

Code: Select all

Analyzing...
Superclass sheepsmoretriggers of class SkinColourTrigger not found

<?int?Core.Errors.History?>: UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Sooo... Can someone tell me how to install those?
And I don't really understand Unreal-Script, maybe I've to change something in there. ;)

Is there someone who can help me? Please help, I would really like to use those :)

-----------------
Edit.:

I managed it to get some of them installed.
I just deleted some triggers I didn't really need, and it works now.
(NOW I know that I COULD just change "Sheepsmoretriggers" to "MoreTriggers", but, how I said, this were some triggers I don't need.

But there's still a problem:
The triggers are Invisible, so I can't use them. What do I have to do?
Do I have to put the .pcx file into a specific folder in my package? I just all of these files in the .zip into the "Classes"-folder of my package.

Thanks in advance,
-Venom
androidmt319
Thug

Post by androidmt319 »

I was hoping I can just do the mission script way, but I do not know much about scripting. I tried the triggers, but they are invisible like what Venom3 said. I tried putting the pcx into my own utx file in C:\DeusEx\Textures\ called JCDNTriggers.utx. I edit the uc files' default properties to use the pcx file. So I load the UnrealEd, I rightclick MoreTriggers and select default properties. Then on Display, the Texture said None everytime.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Yeah the (c) thing is making it a little problematic, but it's ok. What is happening is that you have to import the texture (its like a sheep symbol):

You need a class (.uc file) called textures.uc or whatever that has your texture import commands:

make sure you have these lines in it:

class Textures expands Object abstract;

// Item images

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT FILE=Textures\MoreTriggersIcon.pcx NAME=MoreTriggersIcon GROUP=Whatever
Make sure the texture is in your package folder\textures and run UCC make.
androidmt319
Thug

Post by androidmt319 »

Ok. Thanks. The triggers are visible now. I still have a problem. Which trigger do I use to make my prisoners disappear? ActorAppearTrigger makes all actors disappears. PawnAppearTrigger makes all pawns disappear. What is the limiting class? I replace Class'Engine.Actor' with my three prisoners' classes. I got three of the same trigger total. I just want to make three prisoners disappear. But all my MJ12 troops and other NPCs disappear when I tried those two triggers.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Well that's weird. Not to discount what your doing, but I'll just explain how I'd do it, so starting all over:

Have the 3 pawns' "tag" property set to "prisoner"

Have the cell-doors' tag set to "celldoor"

Place the pawnappeartrigger, and set it's bCollideActors to False, and give it a tag called "prisonerleave". Set its event to "prisoner". There should now be three red lines shooting out from it towards the prisoners in wireframe mode.

Place a dispatcher trigger, and set it's bCollideActors to False, give its tag: "release", and 2 events: "celldoor", "prisonerleave"

Place a button on the console, and set its event property to "release". Play the map and press the button, and the doors should open and the pawns should disappear.
androidmt319
Thug

Post by androidmt319 »

Ok. I got it. I am supposed to put the prisoners' tag in the event tag of the triggers. So I do not need to change limiting class. Now it work. Thanks for the help.