Helicopter Liftoff Theme

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
flib
Thug

Helicopter Liftoff Theme

Post by flib »

I'm trying to find where the sound file is located for the music that plays when the helicopter lifts off at the end of missions to take JC back to HQ and such.
I can't fire up UnrealEd to just look it up, because it doesn't run on any modern operating systems, so I've been poking around the files, but I haven't found anything helpful.

Anybody have any ideas that can help me?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Helicopter Liftoff Theme

Post by DDL »

Each music track actually contains several themed pieces, ambient, ambient2 (sometimes), conversation, combat, death, outro and possibly some others. They are all played one after the other (and the track has coded markers to allow the game to skip from one section to another). If you use modplug player you should be able to find the relevant section, or hell, export the music and try goldwave.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

flib wrote: UnrealEd to just look it up, because it doesn't run on any modern operating systems
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10464&hilit=editing+pack
Hope this helps. :giggle:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
flib
Thug

Post by flib »

DDL wrote:Each music track actually contains several themed pieces, ambient, ambient2 (sometimes), conversation, combat, death, outro and possibly some others. They are all played one after the other (and the track has coded markers to allow the game to skip from one section to another). If you use modplug player you should be able to find the relevant section, or hell, export the music and try goldwave.
Thanks, that should help a lot!
nerdenstein wrote:
flib wrote: UnrealEd to just look it up, because it doesn't run on any modern operating systems
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10464&hilit=editing+pack
Hope this helps. :giggle:
Not gonna lie. That whole thing seems pretty dodgy.
Still, thanks!
flib
Thug

Post by flib »

Success! Found just what I was looking for in the Liberty Island umx. =)
Thanks!

In case anyone wants to know why I wanted it: I'm using it as my logoff sound. 8)
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

flib wrote:Not gonna lie. That whole thing seems pretty dodgy.Still, thanks!
Why does that seem dodgy? :lol:
That's what most people are using these days I think. Well, those of us who still tinker with Deus Ex. I have been using it for ages since I upgraded to Win7.
Anyway, glad you got it. :smile:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
flib
Thug

Post by flib »

nerdenstein wrote:
flib wrote:Not gonna lie. That whole thing seems pretty dodgy.Still, thanks!
Why does that seem dodgy? :lol:
That's what most people are using these days I think. Well, those of us who still tinker with Deus Ex. I have been using it for ages since I upgraded to Win7.
Anyway, glad you got it. :smile:
People have said that it's packed with a trojan and it's from a Russian and it's hosted on Russian websites.

Doesn't really matter, though. In case anyone else is interested in it, here's the result. I'm using it as my logout sound. It goes pretty well with the Sarif theme that I'm using as my login sound. Thanks again for this, guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqhW-N7gleI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCJCG6Z7
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

flib wrote:I can't fire up UnrealEd to just look it up, because it doesn't run on any modern operating systems, so I've been poking around the files, but I haven't found anything helpful.
Works fine on an i7 and Windows 7 for me, what's the problem exactly? If it's just the missing .OCX and .DLL files, you can download them and throw them in the System directory.
flib
Thug

Post by flib »

I got the missing files, but it still crashes when it starts. There's no particular error message.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

flib wrote:I got the missing files, but it still crashes when it starts. There's no particular error message.
Works fine for me on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Have you by any chance tried running it in compatibility mode? E.g. right clicking it go to properties, compatibility tab then changing the settings?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
flib
Thug

Post by flib »

Morpheus wrote:
flib wrote:I got the missing files, but it still crashes when it starts. There's no particular error message.
Works fine for me on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Have you by any chance tried running it in compatibility mode? E.g. right clicking it go to properties, compatibility tab then changing the settings?
I have indeed tried compatibility mode and running as admin.
I do appreciate you guys trying to help me to get it to work, but I've already gotten what I wanted. I'm not a modder/mapper anymore, so I don't really have any use for UED. 8)