Ideas for a ConEdit upgrade

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Neveos
X-51

Ideas for a ConEdit upgrade

Post by Neveos »

So, ConEdit is, like, ok, but how hard would it be for someone to modify the user interface to make it more user friendly?

Here are some ideas:

After "generating audio file names" this hypothetical program would allow you to press a button to record the audio. The audio file is then automatically saved in the correct directory whether it had to automatically create the directory or not, and will overwrite the old mp3 file, be there one.

Have a scroll bar and respond to mouse scrolling. Scroll, but not lock the screen per event box.

Have the "display choice as text" actually work, or if not, unchecked by default, and automatically create speech events which copy the text of the choice.

Weed out the unnecessary or nonfunctional stuff I.e."remain in first person" may as well stand alone rather than also having to check "Non-interactive conversation". Have "random camera placement" work, or if not, have it removed.

Have a choice box for each speech event such that camera placement can be chosen from the speech event.

Be able to use hotkeys like ctrl-c ctrl-v. And be able to select, copy, and paste multiple events at once.

Have a button to toggle who is speaking and who is listening, useful for the "remain in first person" dialogue.

When "Expanded Event List" is -not- checked, have the entire text of each speech event shown so that the view becomes useful for over-viewing the script.

Anyway, I bet I can add more to this later. A man can dream right?
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Ideas for a ConEdit upgrade

Post by Jonas »

Well that all sounds good but they never released the source code for ConEdit, so you'd have to write your own program from scratch.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine