Latent Function MoveTo()

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Latent Function MoveTo()

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Can you override or influence in any way it's native timer? I'm trying to get Pawns to MoveTo() the last know location of the player so they can go and check out the area after saying "Guy in a coat, checking it out" for example, and they do just that...and then continue to move on the spot when they reach the destination for a second or two extra, so I can only assume something is going wrong with the internal MoveTo() calculations.
Hanfling
MJ12

Re: Latent Function MoveTo()

Post by Hanfling »

You'll probably have to send them into a state where they just stand around once they arrive their target.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Latent Function MoveTo()

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah, I already tried that but failed miserably. Sigh. Oh well, I guess I'll have to scrap the idea or pester my old mentor to come back and do it himself. I accomplished my initial goal of making them no longer easily exploitable with sound events at least, yet this new behaviour would have been awesome...