Rocket Jumping

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Rocket Jumping

Post by Captain_Destro »

Do you think it could be possible? Say I made a LAW that uses GEP rockets and isn't as strong as normal rockets. But due to it's weight and overall capacity it would be practical.

Is there any way to add some kind of knock back damage to explosions or at least the user?
Basically say you Jump and fire a rocket under your feet and it let's you jump higher. What could I do to gain some height?

Been playing too much TF2. I was doing a play through of DX and fired a LAW under me as a habit rofl.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Re: Rocket Jumping

Post by Captain_Destro »

Sorry for the bump but nobody has any idea how to add knock back to explosions? I could have sworn hardcore mod had something similar. Also shotgun blasts would knock an enemy back.

(Could be exploited with an auto shotgun though. I shot Gunther off the map instead of getting captured lol..)
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Try downloading a mod called 'TNAG', then check out the source of WeaponGravityRifle (or something similar)
Then, try implementing the 'pushing' source at the processtracehit function of the custom weapon..
(subclass of WeaponGepGun probably that you will make..)

I'm sorry for a less-detailed post.. but I've kind of experimented with this stuff, don't remember much though so I'll have to check. I'll try posting more if I find the source files.. don't know where they went haha!

Good luck though!
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

It should definitely be possible to modify an explosive projectile class such that, when it explodes, it imparts a level of momentum to things (e.g. players) within a certain radius, along the vector extending from the projectile to that thing.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I have not checked, but the TNM vortex grenade lifts things up as it destroys them, wonder if that code might help? (without the kill/destroy bit though) (I should really have checked before posting this, but being lazy at moment)
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

I think shifter causes the sawed off shotgun to deliver momentum to the NPC. I think it is shifter. I don't want to install any mods during development until I'm done with the mod.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ