Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Neveos
X-51

Re: Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:That's possible, but then how would I get the other event to trigger?

For example, one choice in the conversation triggers an alliance trigger to make the NPC turn hostile towards you.

The other choice triggers an orders trigger that makes them move out of the way (let you pass).
no it should work. which one is it that isn't working? I also recall a peculiarity mentioned in the tutorial that has to do with triggers not firing if you put the trigger just before the end event. I can't remember if that's what it was or something else. NPCs engaged in a conversation will not carry out orders, or anything else, until the end of the convo, but that doesnt sound like the issue. Could be something messed up with the way the triggers are set up
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

The triggers are fine, as they work if triggered from any other source. I think it might have to do with the 'end' event bit. If I put a dispatcher in and make the convo trigger the dispatcher to in turn relay the real event a second later, then it seems to work no matter where the trigger occurs in the conversation.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:The triggers are fine, as they work if triggered from any other source. I think it might have to do with the 'end' event bit. If I put a dispatcher in and make the convo trigger the dispatcher to in turn relay the real event a second later, then it seems to work no matter where the trigger occurs in the conversation.
Yeah that's correct. Sometimes non-standard triggers (orders triggers, etc) can't be triggered in conversations. You have to use a normal trigger to trigger it by proxy. Dispatcher almost always works. In fact, you shouldn't even need to create a delay.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Ok, cool, I think the dispatchers are going to work fine.

Anyone know where the amount of lighting cast on a pawn can be accessed? This is for the solar trenchcoat mod, which should only work when the player is in bright light.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Uh oh, big problem with the conversation file. Getting this error:

Code: Select all

--------------------DXModText--------------------
--------------------DXModConversations--------------------
Analyzing...
Parsing ImportConversations
Assertion failed: Ptr [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FMallocAnsi.h] [Line: 21]

History: FMallocAnsi::Malloc <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (CONVERSATION IMPORT FILE="Conversations\Mission50.Con") <- FScriptCompiler::ProcessCompilerDirective <- Directive <- FScriptCompiler::CompileDeclaration <- FScriptCompiler::CompileStatement <- FirstPass <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class DXModConversations.ImportConversations, Pass 0, Line 5) <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
This happened after I tried to do a "Move Camera" with a "Specify Camera Position" giving exact X, Y Z coordinates. The conversation file won't compile anymore and I can't seem to get the backup to compile either. Trying to see if there's anyway I can save the file without having to manually reinput like a few hundred lines of dialog and events again. :O
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:Uh oh, big problem with the conversation file. Getting this error:

Code: Select all

--------------------DXModText--------------------
--------------------DXModConversations--------------------
Analyzing...
Parsing ImportConversations
Assertion failed: Ptr [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FMallocAnsi.h] [Line: 21]

History: FMallocAnsi::Malloc <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (CONVERSATION IMPORT FILE="Conversations\Mission50.Con") <- FScriptCompiler::ProcessCompilerDirective <- Directive <- FScriptCompiler::CompileDeclaration <- FScriptCompiler::CompileStatement <- FirstPass <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class DXModConversations.ImportConversations, Pass 0, Line 5) <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
This happened after I tried to do a "Move Camera" with a "Specify Camera Position" giving exact X, Y Z coordinates. The conversation file won't compile anymore and I can't seem to get the backup to compile either. Trying to see if there's anyway I can save the file without having to manually reinput like a few hundred lines of dialog and events again. :O
oh that's scary. OK, well you can actually open up the conversation files in notepad, and analyze the code around that area and see if you can see something there. I've changed a persons name that way before. However, make sure you save an original copy. I would first try to just delete everything in that conversation, and see what happens.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Phew, well looks like deleting the conversation has worked. Not sure what the problem was exactly but going to stay away rfrom that specific camera position setting from now on! :O
Last edited by SilverSpook on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Hm, how do you get it so that items that have been picked up before, when you leave and return to that map, aren't still there? Like I pick up a soyfood on the ground, step on a teleporter to another map in the same mission, then come back and the soyfood is on the ground again.

Anyone want to throw in some suggestions for potential biohacks / genemods? I'm trying to think of some other useful DNA modifications or surgical modifications that would be useful in game that are somewhat unique, at least to games.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Make sure the maps have the same mission number and that should happen automatically.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Yeah, seems like it didn't work until I set the correct level name in the DeusExLevelInfo
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Is it possible to add nanokeys to the inventory of NPCs for specific doors? If I try to add a nanokey to their inventory it's just the class 'Nanokey' but I can't set the properties there.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There's a specific class that's used to assign nanokeys to characters. Pickup distributor, or something. It extends Info I think.

God damn my DX Editing advice has really gone down-hill over the past couple of years.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Found it, thanks.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Is there a way to dynamically override functions, like I just want to change one function in the DeusExWeapon class so I don't have to go make new modified classes of all the weapons, and not have to modify DeusEx.u.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Is there an event that happens when a pawn dies? Like I need to trigger an event when a certain important NPC is killed.