Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
CrocMagnum
NSF

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

Post by CrocMagnum »

FastGamerr wrote:Hint: If you choose pistols/rifles at MPS HQ, Lien's weapons stash (that you can only reach after attaining the aforementioned "Zen Solution" in her boss battle) won't include the Dragon's Tooth sword but something else instead... Yet also keep in mind that you can only utilize the "Zen" approach against her if you were nice/supportive towards her in Hong Kong.
Sh**! You got me. I edited the faq... *shock*
Cybernetic pig wrote:Did anyone find the Ancient Chinese secret bonus :D...
Yes, you get it in Yuanda Zhu, if you like to stroll about roof tops. But the reference, if there's any, eludes me.

By the way the weapon stashed there is somewhat rare in the mod.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
Klade
Mole Person

Post by Klade »

Hi, I've got a pretty annoying problem on the Queens part of the mod:

I paid Alistair 5000 credits to help me clear out the gang, but as soon as I destroy the bots like he asked, he disappears. I went into gang territory to look for him but there's no sign of him. Is the mod glitched or will he turn up later?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Well, he tells you to meet him behind the Johnson Pharmacy after taking care of the bots (before the raid).
Klade
Mole Person

Post by Klade »

FastGamerr wrote:Well, he tells you to meet him behind the Johnson Pharmacy after taking care of the bots (before the raid).
I went back to his apartment but he isn't there anymore, where is the pharmacy?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Klade wrote:
FastGamerr wrote:Well, he tells you to meet him behind the Johnson Pharmacy after taking care of the bots (before the raid).
It's near the standing police guard (facing the gang territory), check the store signs out. :]
Klade
Mole Person

Post by Klade »

FastGamerr wrote:
Klade wrote:
It's near the standing police guard (facing the gang territory), check the store signs out. :]
Found him, thanks!
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

I have Shifter + New Vision on my main install of DX1 and 2027 and TNM in separate mods.

Will Nihilum make a separate folder or will it try to overwrite my main install? The wording of the first install screen is not really clear...
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

It will make a separate folder, don't worry.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Hey guys!

Today DXN turns one year old. And it also marks one year since the first time I thought "I sure hope I don't have to patch this thing any time soon". Heh.

But yeah, I'll forever remain grateful to everyone who helped me out with the fancy scenarios I wanted to make for the mod. Hey, who knew the first requests on this thread eventually resulted in this? <.<

My thanks to everyone here who checked the mod out, and my special thanks to everyone who took part in the whole shindig. :]

Check the anniversary retrospective out if you already haven't.

Looking forward to DX: Revision! :]

Cheers!
- FGR
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Yep, just got done with a play through recently. Had a couple of interesting crashes on the final levels, but nothing I couldn't figure out how to get around.

Edit: Just for fun...

Edit again: Eh, couldn't reproduce the other one. Basically I figured out that having dead XVA enforcers laying through the wall next to the Inner Section exit would cause a problem upon loading the Outer Section map.
Attachments
Error #1, watch where you sling HE 20 around...
Error #1, watch where you sling HE 20 around...
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Actually that crash is probably due to duplicate movers. FastGamerr, check the offending map in UnrealEd 2, search for BreakableWall and DeusExMover as the name, and see if there are any two walls or movers that has exactly the same name. If so, then remove one of them. Thing is that I think that all movers are in a linked list and when the MakeGroupStop function is called it runs through the list and stops all movers. If there are two with the same name that mover's NextMover variable points back to itself and thus you get an infinite recursion issue.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:see if there are any two walls or movers that has exactly the same name. If so, then remove one of them.
FWIW, to make it easy, just whacking the curved wall you see at the beginning of the map with the HE20 will get the error. Don't know how many others there might be, but that's what I did to get the error.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Ah yes, that issue. It was noted almost immediately when the mod came out, and I added a note about in on the FAQ. That said, I had no solution for the problem at the time so it was left unaddressed, so unfortunately it's (among with all other bugs) gonna stay that way as I have retired from modding... and for that matter, I'm sure most people who will ever play the mod have already done so. Sorry!

At any rate, I don't know if anyone has tried this fix by kocmo, but I guess replacing one of the core Unreal packages due to one little error in my mod might be too much ;)

But alas, great to hear you played through the mod, ggrotz!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yeah, kocmo's patch might work. Had some issues with it on a Revision level, not sure if it induces side effects or not. Maybe I'll fix Nihilum someday when I get around to it ^^ Still not done with the mod :/
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote:for that matter, I'm sure most people who will ever play the mod have already done so. Sorry!

But alas, great to hear you played through the mod, ggrotz!
Don't underestimate your work. There's new people discovering these things every once in a (great) while, then there's people like me coming back to replay it again. This is like my 4th or 5th time. The other mods have much more simply because they've been in existence much longer.