Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

Post by nerdenstein »

Couple of quick questions:
Robert Chen said in the mission briefing that I betrayed Yakudo. I'm not sure how exactly. :lol:
Secondly, when you get captured shortly after that, I'm assuming you were supposed to lose inventory: I didn't?

Slight unfair advantage there. :P

EDIT: Ignore me, I found the transcript note. Also, the airplane mission is quite tough with my all my stuff anyway. :lol:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Well, Robert Chen is at least supposed to say that if you break into Yakedo's vault (thus making him demand more money from you) but now that I think about it, I never checked what he says if you ignore Yakedo at first and only meet him for the first time by the boat (without breaking into his vault at any point).

As for the airplane, yes, the intact inventory is intentional and the clipboard is supposed to be a sly snark at the whole "baggy coats" motif ;P
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

FastGamerr wrote:Well, Robert Chen is at least supposed to say that if you break into Yakedo's vault (thus making him demand more money from you) but now that I think about it, I never checked what he says if you ignore Yakedo at first and only meet him for the first time by the boat (without breaking into his vault at any point).

As for the airplane, yes, the intact inventory is intentional and the clipboard is supposed to be a sly snark at the whole "baggy coats" motif ;P
Ah, I'd forgotten about breaking into his vault. :lol:
Yes, it was quite an amusing note, considering the weapons I was carrying, like the Gauss Gun for instance.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote:Well, Robert Chen is at least supposed to say that if you break into Yakedo's vault (thus making him demand more money from you) but now that I think about it, I never checked what he says if you ignore Yakedo at first and only meet him for the first time by the boat (without breaking into his vault at any point).
Ok dumb question (one of 'em I was going to ask when I got the chance to ask some more detailed things). What qualifies as "Yakedo's Vault"? I saw the option and triggered it, but really didn't find much of anything out of the ordinary (I would have called it a bug if nerdenstein didn't mention finding it). I went back to look some more and found a couple of cabinets with weapons in them. Is that it?

Also, there's a lockable panel in the hallway with a button behind it in Yakedo's place. What's that do?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Yeah, that's the Vault alright. The button behind the shelf opens the same door as the computer upstairs. Now, I actually can't remember if Yakedo gets mad at you if you pick the cabinet doors but blowing them up does the trick.
Suvlaco
NSF

Post by Suvlaco »

Hey mate, I've run in to a bit of an issue and now posting as I think I've tried all options and nothing's worked, so thought I'd see if it's a bug or I'm missing something really obvious...

I've just been captured and imprisoned. Upon the level loading, I've still got all my gear, which I thought was a little strange, but oh well.. Then after Number One sends you the datalink and the lights go out and door opens, I proceed out in to the adjoining small room there. From here though... I'm a little lost. There's the door directly ahead obviously, but can't be frobbed, and there's the security panel too but when I open that, there's no cameras/doors attached... I can hear NPCs outside and when I fire or make sound they come running, but again the door doesn't budge... I also saw the speaker above the door, but that's not doing anything either... I'm wondering if there's a missed trigger or link or something?

Slowly playing through it as you can tell by my lack of progress! But certainly enjoying it!
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Suvlaco wrote:Then after Number One sends you the datalink and the lights go out and door opens, I proceed out in to the adjoining small room there. From here though... I'm a little lost.
Number One gives you a login and pw. Put it into the security console in that room.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

So the Soundtrack for Nihilum is out! And yet no one posted anything about it...

Come on FastGamerr! Where's your heart at? :mrgreen:

Deus Ex: Nihilum - Soundtrack
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

>_>

<_<
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues]

Post by ggrotz »

CrocMagnum wrote:RetroXor is quite a skilled fellow. Jeez! I was taken by surprise. The OST rocks so much it makes me feel dizzy. ; ).
Yes, he did a good job on it. Listening to those files now. BTW, if you haven't gotten the chance to get them (readers in general), look for the 2027 and the TNM ones - both are exceptional...(and curses if you are here and haven't gotten the TNM one at all)
CrocMagnum wrote: - Your stunt with Lien Takara was quite ingenious. I discovered it by chance: I was trying to make a non-lethal takedown…Well played FastGamerr! Well played!,
Coincidentally, when I was reading this over (yeah a little bored atm), I thought of the similar "stunt" in 2027. I can't say anyone has found it (or mentioned it). They probably have (like they've found this one), and just haven't mentioned anything. You never know sometimes. There's always the time or two when you mention something you think is special and find out...that everyone knows about it. Kind of how gaming goes sometimes.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

ggrotz wrote:...
CrocMagnum wrote:- Your stunt with Lien Takara was quite ingenious. I discovered it by chance: I was trying to make a non-lethal takedown…Well played FastGamerr! Well played!,
Coincidentally, when I was reading this over (yeah a little bored atm), I thought of the similar "stunt" in 2027. I can't say anyone has found it (or mentioned it). They probably have (like they've found this one), and just haven't mentioned anything. You never know sometimes. There's always the time or two when you mention something you think is special and find out...that everyone knows about it. Kind of how gaming goes sometimes.
Well! Can you be more specific? I'm intrigued. I'm mean I've played DX 2027 three times and didn't notice anything remotely similar.
FastGamerr wrote:Dissected and placed in cryonic storage. >_> <_<
A well deserved rest! (although a cryo is a little too cold for my taste)

I'm also going back to my sarcophagus till HDTP is out! :mrgreen:
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

CrocMagnum wrote: Well! Can you be more specific? I'm intrigued. I'm mean I've played DX 2027 three times and didn't notice anything remotely similar.
It's kind of like the one in DXN. You got to do some very specific things to see it at all. In 2027's case, it's a little bit more restrictive. You don't have to fight Magnus if you help him out specifically and be nice to him when you talk to him. As I recall (been a little while), it takes delivering Amrita to him and then give him cigarettes when you meet him at Mount Weather. Then you don't have to fight him when he has the plasma rifle. I've noticed the triggers (or something) don't work sometimes (5-10% or so if you're not careful) and he turns on you when you go after his two cyborg companions, who will still fight you. But it's the same idea.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

ggrotz wrote:
CrocMagnum wrote: Well! Can you be more specific? I'm intrigued. I'm mean I've played DX 2027 three times and didn't notice anything remotely similar.
It's kind of like the one in DXN. You got to do some very specific things to see it at all. In 2027's case, it's a little bit more restrictive. You don't have to fight Magnus if you help him out specifically and be nice to him when you talk to him. As I recall (been a little while), it takes delivering Amrita to him and then give him cigarettes when you meet him at Mount Weather. Then you don't have to fight him when he has the plasma rifle. I've noticed the triggers (or something) don't work sometimes (5-10% or so if you're not careful) and he turns on you when you go after his two cyborg companions, who will still fight you. But it's the same idea.
Hey ! I knew about that one ! :-$ But I didn’t count it as a 'Takara Stunt' (maybe we should call it that way ; ) for the following reason :

There’s one big incentive for not fighting Lien Takara in Nihilum: if you're peaceful with her you can get a friggin’: Dragon’s Tooth!! (I haven't found one anywhere else in the mod).

Furthermore, a non-lethal approach is the only way : if you kill Lien, you won’t find on her body the nano-key which opens the room for the coveted sword !

Whereas, from my experience, there’s absolutely no benefit for being nice with Magnus in DX 2027. I mean all this hassle for nothing?

That’s why I called the fight with Lien Takara in Nihilum a ‘stunt’: I mean what a twisted idea! Some modders have naughty thoughts, hey… *mrgreen*
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Hint: If you choose pistols/rifles at MPS HQ, Lien's weapons stash (that you can only reach after attaining the aforementioned "Zen Solution" in her boss battle) won't include the Dragon's Tooth sword but something else instead... Yet also keep in mind that you can only utilize the "Zen" approach against her if you were nice/supportive towards her in Hong Kong.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Did anyone find the Ancient Chinese secret bonus :D

This mod started off slow (bit like DX itself really) but it's got a whole lot better, I'm loving it.
Been noticing lots of little issues some even potentially gamebreaking but this is a great mod. Music is great too.
I can tell FastGamerr had many a battle with the BSP tree also....I am unsure of how DX devs got the maps so perfect, BSP holes are a fucking nightmare.

Excellent mod, thanks FastGamerr!