Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Re: DX: Nihilum Final Editing Needs [Possible spoilers]

Post by SilverSpook »

Getting stuck after the David Yoon missions are done. How do you get to Tuen district to Yumashev industries?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Red telephone in Yakedo's office.

(He sort of stealthily mentions it as the last thing in the conversation with him >_>)
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Aha, yeah must've just zoned out during that hint hehe.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Now stuck in bath house (unlocked all three tiers but having trouble finding David Yoon's safe house thing)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

There are four tiers, actually. The map Zavich sent to you via InfoLink should clue you in on where to look for them in general.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Yeah pretty awesome game all around. I stayed up till almost 5 AM last night playing.

Man it is weird hearing your own voice all of a sudden in a game though!

I'm just like moseying along, taking down the Illuminati and hacking security consoles and stuff and then:

"Hello agent, I am your new supervisor, Number One,"

Woah what the hell?! I'm supervising myself! Lol.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Cheers, man!

Yeah, I bet it can be weird hearing your voice in a mod like that. Then again, I can only react to my hearing my voice with annoyance >_>
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Hi,

I have completed the mod and am going to replay it!

I wanted to ask a few questions:

(1) Where do I find Delacroix?
(2) Where can I get the muscle aug?
(3) How do I get the Gauss Gun early in the game? Please tell instructions in detail.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Cheers, man! Glad you enjoyed it!

1) Delacroix is in the Queens Streets level: You can reach a door leading to his hideout behind the metal road barrier next to the BurgerBoy Restaurant (there are other ways to reach him as well, but blowing up the barrier is certainly the easiest route).

2) Honestly, I can't even remember anymore. Did you get the augs stashed behind the metal container where the player has to hide in the airplane OR those in the radioactive room in XVA Berlin Laboratories?

3) Pay a visit to Lt. Lien Takara's office at MPS Headquarters (it's the locked office at the end of the corridor - her office is at the other end near the bathrooms whereas the MPS Director's office is right on the other end). Hack into her computer, check her login from the email's "To" section and the password from the message itself. At Yumashev, enter those logins into the computer in the room where she's in (this computer cannot be hacked!) and activate the special option to open the Gauss Gun container.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

FastGamerr wrote:Cheers, man! Glad you enjoyed it!

1) Delacroix is in the Queens Streets level: You can reach a door leading to his hideout behind the metal road barrier next to the BurgerBoy Restaurant (there are other ways to reach him as well, but blowing up the barrier is certainly the easiest route).
Thanks!
2) Honestly, I can't even remember anymore. Did you get the augs stashed behind the metal container where the player has to hide in the airplane OR those in the radioactive room in XVA Berlin Laboratories?
Nope.
3) Pay a visit to Lt. Lien Takara's office at MPS Headquarters (it's the locked office at the end of the corridor - her office is at the other end near the bathrooms whereas the MPS Director's office is right on the other end). Hack into her computer, check her login from the email's "To" section and the password from the message itself. At Yumashev, enter those logins into the computer in the room where she's in (this computer cannot be hacked!) and activate the special option to open the Gauss Gun container.
:D
On second thought, how do I get the M249 early?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

The weapon appears for the first time in the Cutter Residence level (as used by MacFarlane).
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I'm about 5:50 in...
FastGamerr wrote: 2) Honestly, I can't even remember anymore. Did you get the augs stashed behind the metal container where the player has to hide in the airplane OR those in the radioactive room in XVA Berlin Laboratories?
I got one, so I can say it exists. Problem is I really can't remember where either.
SilverSpook wrote:Now stuck in bath house (unlocked all three tiers but having trouble finding David Yoon's safe house thing)
I had to ghost past this.

Main issue though (out of many, I'd have to take notes to catch them all): How is the split supposed to work? I really only got the choice to go XVA (Number One was completely silent so I really couldn't follow out one of the goals), and couldn't find a way into Yoon's apartment where he is (but he would talk to me) so I had to ghost into the bottom part. Of course it jerks you over into a third path right away, so it's kind of irrelevant anyway. But do you force people towards XVA initially by keeping Number One silent or is this a big gigantic bug?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

* Eh, Zavich mentions that there are four tiers and exploring the hotel gives more clues to their locations et al. Anyway, thought pictures might be of more help! :] More on the 4 Tiers here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nihilum/page/4#comments

* As for Number One being silent and you only being able to reach Yoon by ghosting? Definitely not supposed to happen... after you've succeeded in your mission in the Berlin Lboratories, you can either go to Number One at the cafe to join with UNATCO (to fulfill the MJ12 goal) or go to Yoon's apartment (whose front door should be now open) for XVA's goal (or even just skip both of them and just return to the airport to meet with Lana).

Once again, this is the first time anyone has had problems with this scenario in particular...

... which makes me wonder if these issues (this one and the helicopter not appearing at the last visit to the MPS) really are DXN-specific bugs or if there's something in Deus Ex itself that could cause all these odd issues.

Come to think of it, what both of these issues share in common is that both of them are dependent on flags & triggers that are triggered during/after conversations.

@ggrotz: If you go to 'legend' and check the flags after completing the mission at XVA, is 'XVAMissionCompleted' marked as 'True' there? Do you have a multi-core processor? Are you using Kentie's launcher or the normal exe with OR without Windows XP compatibility mode?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote:If you go to 'legend' and check the flags after completing the mission at XVA, is 'XVAMissionCompleted' marked as 'True' there? Do you have a multi-core processor? Are you using Kentie's launcher or the normal exe with OR without Windows XP compatibility mode?
Yes no and the normal EXE
FastGamerr
MJ12

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues]

Post by FastGamerr »

Well, I guess we can count out sneaky multi-core issues (that seem to warrant the usage Kentie's launcher on most computers 'xcept for mine <_<) then.

Still stumped why the trigger that should open the door to his apartment hasn't worked in this situation and why Number One would stay silent.

Really got no idea here. Whether it's really related to DXN (thus far you're the only one who has reported of this issue), RAM, some DeusEx.ini settings or who-knows-what.

I'm very sorry :[