Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
FastGamerr
MJ12

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues]

Post by FastGamerr »

Turns out UED was what I was made for. Turns UED is why I ... exist.

If you want something fixed in DXN, tell me so on this thread! 8)

I'll try to see what's up with the current issues and try to bypass/streamline/fix them.

@ggrotz: Could you send me a savegame (via e-mail to fastgamerr@gmail.com) of the situation where you've returned to Neustadt from XVA so I could see what's up with it?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote: @ggrotz: Could you send me a savegame (via e-mail to fastgamerr@gmail.com) of the situation where you've returned to Neustadt from XVA so I could see what's up with it?
The only thing I can think of is whether you tested it with the shiny new HDTP or not? I seriously doubt all of the oddballness I witnessed is solely due to that (I had a disappearing helicopter on your Cutter Residence level too), but it's probably worth mentioning.

(Nevermind, I see you posted over there and said you did)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

The last time I played through the thing was without HDTP, and I (or the pre-release testers who didn't use HDTP either) never got disappearing copters.

The only thing I can think of is this: DXN uses MissionScripts and flags almost all the time. Maybe there's a weird UE1.5 memory issue or something related to this. Anyone gotta clue?

A savegame from the Berlin level could help a lot, if you still have one :]
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Stuck now in the mission at Hutter Neushtadt where you have to meet Lana at the closed airport area so she can tell you something. I can't figure out what area the goal is talking about and I'm getting the "Can't find ConCamera" error when I try to get on the shuttle.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

The rail station is right next to the shuttle, tried to make it clearer with the picture of a train over the entrance >_>
Eye.sys
Thug

Post by Eye.sys »

Dude, I definitely want to try this mod when I finish my current run. I hadn't even noticed that on moddb.

Hey, how's the voice acting going (or how it went if you finished)? I find this subject very interesting.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Hold on until I've released Patch 1.1 later today. :]
ggrotz
X-51

Re: DX: Nihilum Final Editing Needs [Possible spoilers]

Post by ggrotz »

AdamJensen wrote: (2) Where can I get the muscle aug?
Check the laboratory plane.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

ggrotz wrote:Check the laboratory plane.
Thanks!
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

SilverSpook wrote:Now stuck in bath house (unlocked all three tiers but having trouble finding David Yoon's safe house thing)
ggrotz wrote:...I had to ghost past this...
Tianbao Hotel : Explanation (DXN 1.0)

Hell ! It took me two days to figure this level out (I’m quite the persistent type). To all the people stuck and looking to unlock David Yoon’s Bath House : the game is NOT glitched !! I did the level twice just to be sure. Some pointers :

- There’re 4 Security Tiers to unlock,

- the order doesn’t matter, you can unock tier 2 before the first and so on, the game won’t glitch,

- YOU MUST INPUT THE LOGINS & PASSWORDS MANUALLY !! Which means hacking won’t work !! This is the main reason why so many people are stuck in this level. The passwords are :

→ Tier 1 : motti / tarkin
→ Tier 2 : Falcon / needa
→ Tier 3 : Morris / brasseye
→ Tier 4 : Grail / carpenter (this one is found on an encrypted datacube in the main building)

- the Tier 3 Security computer is well hidden :

Look for a TV on the ground level. Near the tv you’ll find 2 switches (one orange, the other white). Activate both and look around the beds for the newly opened underground section (a friggin' carpet !, there is even a datacube mentioning this),

- Curiously enough if you hack level 1 & 2 Security Tiers, you’ll get some Skill Points as if you unlocked those Tiers, but the bath house WON’T OPEN ! So I say it again: input the codes MANUALLY !!! I don’t know if this was a choice in game design or a flaw…

This level is curious and very inventive but it can be a pain in the behind on a first playthrough ! The level design reminds me of build engine games I might add, very doomish…That’s a compliment.

Final comment: maybe this post should be put somewhere in a Readme or moddb, 'cos they're so many players stuck in this level...

Note: I'm in Neustad, having great fun... :mrgreen:

EDIT: FastGamerr! You rock!!!
Last edited by CrocMagnum on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

All the tier computers are now hackable. As soon as the ModDB admins will authorize the patch anyway :]
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Ok, now where the hell is the oval office... lol
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:White ... rPlan1.svg

<_<

(Of course, in DXN you can only access the colonnade and the Oval office itself)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

CrocMagnum wrote: - YOU MUST INPUT THE LOGINS & PASSWORDS MANUALLY !! Which means hacking won’t work !! This is the main reason why so many people are stuck in this level. The passwords are :
I got to Tier 4 without ghosting. But yes, this is the explanation (need to verify yet).

I usually throw skill points to hacking on mods anyway, because most mod authors are *not* that thorough about testing their mods to make sure all the essential security consoles, keypads, and doors have readily accessible information or keys within the levels. Some of the more popular ones are a bit better about this, hence there's only 2 or 3 cases of this in the major ones I recorded. Hacking+the opensesame/ghost cheats are incredibly useful in testing people's mods/user created levels usually because of such things.
SilverSpook wrote:Ok, now where the hell is the oval office... lol
It's a separate structure around the left past the wall.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote: @ggrotz: Could you send me a savegame (via e-mail to fastgamerr@gmail.com) of the situation where you've returned to Neustadt from XVA so I could see what's up with it?
Done. Also included is demonstration of a glitch where I'm carrying two of the same kind of weapon. (Walther P99)