Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues]

Post by Chris Rosenkreutz »

FastGamerr wrote:What exactly do you mean with that? The only error I've encountered in that level change teleporter has been the standard "ConCamera" issue (and certainly not to the extent as in DXN1.0's Berlin Airport-Streets >_>).
The level resetting on map change is deliberate, right? It's not just me. I thought that was what your custom levelinfo does.

At the very beginning of the game, you start on the helipad and change maps to enter the first building. If you avoid the receptionist, you can't get past the security door. Talking to the receptionist makes the button appear that let's you go through the door.

If after you've talked to the receptionist you then go back to the helpad and then re-enter the building, the map resets so the door is closed and the button is hidden. But talking to the receptionist doesn't give you the first conversation anymore so whatever triggers the button appearing doesn't happen. Now you are stuck.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Odd, I don't get the resetting issue (clean Steam install + clean DXN install on top of it). :\ You're the first one to report of it, too.

Also, all levels have the default DeusExLevelInfo item and a MadIngramPlayer class added in there somewhere just in case (it seems like even having the player class marked in fgrhk and fgrhkUser INI files isn't always enough).
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

It must be just me then.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Well, it seems like it's not just you... another player also got the same bug once after messing around a bit. Yet on his second attempt - despite doing exactly the same things as on the first one when he got the bug - it worked perfectly.

But since this issue has confirmedly occurred on 2 people, I'll try to address it somehow in a potential DXN Patch 1.2 (if I get 8 more dire issues like this, I'll start working on the patch).

(Funny thing concerning this issue and the faulty "return to Neustadt Streets" scenario as mentioned by ggrotz earlier, they're both linked to something being flagged or triggered during a conversation. The thing with ggrotz's issue, though, is that I have no idea how to fix it. :P)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Here's a wierd one...maybe not so...this is with your patch. I completely was able to skip the Yumashev Industries map. Run down corridor, press button, to the next map to capture David Yoon. 15 seconds or so. (Repeatable too)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Well, would you look at that. At some point during making of the DXN Patch 1.1, I have just removed the door altogether. >.< Lesson: Always make sure you that you don't have any extra things selected. (I guess)

This certainly warrants a new patch as long as I get 7 more dire issues, but in the mean time here's a (hopefully) fixed version of the map:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/159 ... Factory.7z

Yet on that note, the airplane map has actually intentionally been designed so that if you have a few lockpicks and know the three keycodes to the labs and to the two security doors, you can just skip the rest of the level in further playthroughs and just waltz your way into the container.
Last edited by FastGamerr on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

The first time I tried to leave the police station via exit B, pressing the button gave an "unable to find PlayerMove in class MadIngramPlayer" error. Reloaded and it went to the cutscene just fine.
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

I'm stuck. I've disabled the consistency checker but the glass panel with key behind it is still there. What do I do?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

The glass panel opens (via MissionScript) after Zavich's infolink listing out the Illuminati's goals has finished playing...

Have you tried quicksaving and loading the save immediately? If it doesn't work, well, I guess you'll just have to opensesame the panel open.

(And when you go check the list of Flags in the 'legend' cheat screen, is M67ZavichDepowerDone there and flagged True?)
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

I've had no infolink. I've disabled the consistency checker and dealt with the ambush(including the spider bot upstairs). Is there anything I need to do next? I have no goals and can't get out. There's nothing obvious left to interact with.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

So you haven't got any infolinks in that level? There should be two in that part, in the first one Zavich informs the player that XVA goons have been dispatched to the area (right after you disable the consistency checker), and the second one lists out the Illuminati's goals.

And the second infolink is triggered by a Dispatcher at the end of the first infolink.

At any rate, do you have a flag named " M67ConsistencyDown " with the value " True " in the legend window's flag screen?

(It'd also help if you could give me answers to my queries in my previous post >_>)
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

The only infolin from Zavich listed under conversations is the one about the island from mucgh earlier. M67ConsistencyDown is true. M67ZavichDepowerDone is not set.

Deleting ConsisOK made everything fine.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Really odd, since the part of the script that flags "ConsisOK" True is the one that also triggers the initial Zavich infolink concerning the AI hacking... it's as if for some reason DX just chooses to randomly skip certain pieces of code (especially datalink triggers like that in the MissionScript and triggers triggered in/after conversations). Weird. Thus far you're the only one to have reported of those two specific issues, though... but at any rate, I've got no ideas how to fix them permanently :\
ipso
Mole Person

XVA

Post by ipso »

Hello everybody
First of all, I must say I really love your mod!! So far I've played 2027, Redsun, TNM and Zodiac, and I think yours is my favourite (I've just dl Terminus Machina btw)
However I've got to admit I'm stuck at the XVA level with the prototype AI (the one with "Depardieu" and "Sansculotte", nice one btw). I've opened the sealed door with the computer and went downstairs in this huge room with a glass made floor. But the safe with a nanokey is locked, and the door at the opposite is sealed, I destroyed it with a LAM but there is a sealed hatch then.
What's more, there are a few INF locked doors and strange elevators before that I couldn't manage to open. I'm missing something but I can't see what. Can you help me? I guess it's just a nanokey that's hidden somewhere :/

EDIT: Btw I did not have any bugs until now, apart from a few crashes when the game loads the textures in huge areas (White house...)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

So you haven't shut down the AI yet?

If not, well, one of the sealed doors nearby (grey door that says "SEALED", not the larger white one) leads to the actual AI Control Hub and you can open the ladder hatch in that room from a switch on the wall. (I hope I pinpointed the issue correctly...)