Box Throwing Fun!

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Box Throwing Fun!

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Here you go. It's not finished yet but almost there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKzFBRCDGbY

It's the last thing to do before the final release.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Cybernetic pig wrote:More:
2. How do you trigger a SFX source (non-looping) to play only once? I trigger it and it just loops regardless.
You need to trigger it once to turn it on and the once more to turn it off, if you are talking about AmbientSoundTriggered. I would just trigger a dispatcher to turn it on and then off again after the appropriate amount of seconds.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:
2. How do you trigger a SFX source (non-looping) to play only once? I trigger it and it just loops regardless.
You need to trigger it once to turn it on and the once more to turn it off, if you are talking about AmbientSoundTriggered. I would just trigger a dispatcher to turn it on and then off again after the appropriate amount of seconds.
I know. 2 months ago I asked that question, G-flex & Unreal Wiki already answered it for me. Thanks anyway my man.

It should be a requirement to check the UW before asking questions. :D
Someone should sticky a thread linking to the UW.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Oh.

Yes, Unreal Wiki is a gold mine of stuff really. I have several pages bookmarked on BSP and stuff. :)
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:
SpecialEvents are better for this, since they can be triggered to play a sound only once, just so you know.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Interesting, didn't know that.