Native modification of DXOgg

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Native modification of DXOgg

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Hi.

Is there anyone here that knows native programming? I'm looking for someone that can help me edit the DXOgg plugin (I have the native & Unreal source), so that the game doesn't crash when a .ogg file is missing. If files are missing I just want that file cleared from the music manager. If the ambient track is missing I want to turn off all the tracks (thus disabling the music manager for the level) and then be able to set whatever music package I like to the maps level properties. If possible this would be handled by an event in MissionScript, so I can easily specify audio packages per map for each mission.

The missing files check should occur on map load (when music manager is starting up) and each time .ogg files are changed when the map is running (I'm adding a trigger to change tracks dynamically during play).
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Native modification of DXOgg

Post by ggrotz »

I'm not sure I can do anything to help (I could probably tell you HOW to do the file check if it's not too deviant from the Windows API, but not sure I have the tools here to actually make/test the changes), but I wanted to look at the source. I couldn't find a download link when I searched. Where would I locate it?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I have Visual Studio (that I think was used to compile it) but have no idea how to set it up for recompile. Granted I haven't looked into it much, but I'm super stressed with a lot of things so thought it would be best to ask.

Don't know if the source is hosted anywhere, but I managed to get hold of it from a modder. Here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4219089/DXOgg.rar
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Is it possible to set Level.Song via code? The compiler tells me it's a Const variable. Am I modifying the right variable?