From camera to player view

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

From camera to player view

Post by AlvinD »

Hi guys m working on some cinematics and I'm looking to know how do I get to normal FOV after some camera angles have been executed? Eg. Some camera angles of JC walking about then it resumes normal gameplay.
Neveos
X-51

Re: From camera to player view

Post by Neveos »

Is there any gameplay in the map before it or after it? If so:

it would involve loading screens, but you could teleport to an identical stage map built for the cinematic, teleport back to the original map.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

well uh, I'm not exactly sure where you're doing that part of the script, but I assume something like this would work:

Code: Select all

ViewTarget = self;
(assuming it's on the Player class)

otherwise you could do something else like..

Code: Select all

Player.ViewTarget = Player;
I'm not experienced with that sort of stuff but I guess that's what ViewTarget is? :oops:
so anyone, be free to correct me if I'm wrong. :oops:
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Hi guys,

I was going to go to JCs perspective after the cutscene. Cutscene first then into normal gameplay without loading screens?

@DJ I don't where all that stuff goes XD
Jack90
UNATCO

Post by Jack90 »

Many people assume that all scopes are created equal and that any scope will work for any situation. This is simply not true. There are many different types of scopes, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Some are better suited for hunting, while others are better suited for competition shooting. It is important to do your research and choose a scope that is specifically designed for your intended use. https://scopespage.com/best-rifle-scope ... r-hunting/