Sound FX

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Sound FX

Post by AlvinD »

.....I have another problem :mrgreen:

I have created a .u file with some sound Fx at 22kz 16bit mono format. Now, I can load the .u file in the sound browser and select the sounds and apply then to AmbientSound and they work and play in game but whenever I close the ask and reopen. The .u file hasn't loaded and the AmbientSounds go lank on the map, just icons.

I also have the EditPackages bit done. I'm not too sure which way to go about this, I've also created a .uax package out of the .u file but still no avail?

Any ideas?
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Re: Sound FX

Post by AlvinD »

Anybody any idea? :roll:
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

I remember facing a similar problem at some point and I had to reconvert the 22khz mono WAV file into ... a 22khz mono WAV file in dbpoweramp. Then it worked.

(What I never figured out was how to import sounds into the game without them getting an annoying 0.005 millisecond gap at the end, thus preventing a 100% smoothly looping sounds)
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Ah nice Fastgamerr il try that out. Downloaded your mod recently working my way through it...nice work :)