Deus Ex Physics

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Mikakk
Mole Person

Re: Deus Ex Physics

Post by Mikakk »

apology unnecessary but appreciated and accepted :) G-Flex.

AlvinD knows me as a few months old virgin to UnrealEd, so i hope i didn't waste any of his time with my lame suggestion. i should have placed a disclaimer on my post saying: "this wont do most of the things you were looking for help with, but heres a lame newbie suggestion"

yes you could say i was guessing, however; i found it satisfactory to my desired effect of jumping into my shipping container hanging off the ground, 1 shaketrigger of 50radius/8vert/256roll in middle, and 2 of 50r/12v/512roll at ends ~sort of~ gave the illusion that the shipping container was being unbalanced by the players weight, of course it is as solid and static as a gravity defying block of steel when one jumps back out. just trying to contribute
Zireael
NSF

Re: Deus Ex Physics

Post by Zireael »

About the cage idea - what about making low railings around the npc and the textures on the wall that would altogether look like a cage?

bjorn98009_91 wrote:If I ever get my hands on the source code I'll be interested to take a look. Although implementing some actual physics would probably be waay out of my league. If I get my hands on the source I'll probably just do bugfixes/implement stuff from the later builds of the UT1 engine.
One of the most egregious problems was that you could have the situation like this:

_____ some horizontal container
_ bench

With the container remaining on the bench despite the fact that 3/4 of it are off the bench and should fall down.
atrey65789 wrote:Some native code could create great new better physics for the game, but Deja told be that it would create problems. I am not sure how.
I wonder if there were better physics in other (later) UT1 games? Aside from the situation described above, the other thing that bothered me was the insta rigor mortis.