PawnSkinner - quick custom NPC skinning and corpse phenpmena

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Neveos
X-51

PawnSkinner - quick custom NPC skinning and corpse phenpmena

Post by Neveos »

Yeah, I'm trying to basically contribute and provide my method for quickly custom skinning NPCs in the game, and NOWHERE in the package should it be referencing anything "IWR", but it still seems to try and load my custom package IWR. You know, I even ctrl-F in notepad++ and search "IWR" in all opened documents and class files... nowhere is "IWR"!

Anyway, it's supposed to help you skin stuff customarily, with the corpse probems solved taken from TNM. Made it so it's stream lined like this (don't mind the "IWR" references in this image. This is my version):

So this makes no sense. I'll upload the source files for the package if anyone knows why it is referencing a package name that exists nowhere in the source files.
Attachments
PawnSkinner.zip
(45.2 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
~DJ~
UNATCO

Re: PawnSkinner - quick custom NPC skinning and corpse phenp

Post by ~DJ~ »

Hmm? do you have a package called 'IWR'..?
and is it placed above your PawnSkinner package on the EditPackages line? does the package indeed contain all those texture names? if so, try placing the PawnSkinner above on EditPackages line. :oops:
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

~DJ~ wrote:Hmm? do you have a package called 'IWR'..?
and is it placed above your PawnSkinner package on the EditPackages line? does the package indeed contain all those texture names? if so, try placing the PawnSkinner above on EditPackages line. :oops:
I mean, I know it's confusing, but ignore the screenshot I posted. I just wanted to display what it is about.

-However-, yeah it's something like that. Except, I know Ued2 doesn't load anything but the basics, and will only load up what you tell it to. Well, this is the weird part because it won't successfully load up PawnSkinner.u, and when I check the log, it says it can't find "IWR".

However, if you look at the source files, there is no reference to IWR anywhere in the package, so I have no clue why Ued2 is asking for it.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I suspect you have a class/texture name conflict, hence DJ's suggestion to move it higher in the heirarchy.

Essentially if I had a package called MyPack, with a class with something like

defaultproperties
{
skin=texture'defaulttex'
}

in its defprops, and I had a texture in the SAME package called MyPack.skins.defaulttex....but also another texture in say..IWR, called IWR.images.defaulttex, it'd assume that was the one to use, creating cross-package dependencies that really don't need to be there.

Or something similar, as I understand it.

So best bet is to recompile the package after having removed IWR from your editpackages list entirely: this will ensure it never references anything from IWR (and if it complains at this stage, it should give you a more informative error message :))
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Maybe the package is still mentioned in one of the .ini files?
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Hanfling wrote:Maybe the package is still mentioned in one of the .ini files?
It was Ued2 asking for IWR, actually, which doesn't auromatically load up any custom packages by default. That's why it's such a mystery to me how loading up a package which doesn't have one reference to IWR is asking for IwR when loading it up in Ued2