Coder Request

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Coder Request

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I request a programmer with adequate Unreal Script knowledge to assist in updating my GMDX gameplay mod.

Examples of wanted features:

Death scene in first person: Self explanatory. I hate the clumsy death animation, cut to third person camera and same death SFX as every male NPC in the game.

NPC Yaw rot. speed: whilst GMDX increases Yaw rot. speed for NPCs it is not high enough. NPCs look terrible when in combat they often pathfind to gain line of sight then turn to face you, it looks ridiculous.

New Stealth Skill:

Untrained: N/A, An agent can sneak.
Trained: leaning reduces visibility by 15% (not quite Dishonored's cloak lean, but gives extra incentive to lean aside from no accuracy penalty)
Advanced: Footstep sound event radius decreased by 25% including jumping/landing.
Master: Footstep radius decreased by 50% including jumping/landing.

In-game descriptions will obviously be better worded.

The stealth skill basically replaces silent running aug in a better fashion and makes leaning better. Silent running will need to be changed to something else.
Whilst combining it with speed enhancement is something to consider, speed enhancement already essentially gave silent running (which is another thing to remove) and enemies in GMDX have slightly better hearing.

Deus Ex: Revision compatibility: I am now working on Deus Ex Revision as a level designer as well as GMDX, and I am very impressed with what those guys have done to say the least. The work to make GMDX compatible with Revision will mostly be in Level Design (Adding Hardcore mode's save points to the maps for example), the only coding required for this task is in merging Revision's mission scripts with GMDX's. Compatibility with Revision is secondary, however. Refining and expanding GMDX is primary.

Let me know if you are interested. I estimate one-two weeks of occasional coding sessions and all of the above can be completed.
And no, I'm not expecting anyone to come forward, but it is worth it to ask.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Coder Request

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Potential New Augs:

Neural processor (cranial, passive):

Lvl1: +5% Skill points gained per bonus
Lvl2: +10%
lvl3: +15%
Lvl4: +20%

The neural processor demands a constant flow of Bioelectric energy. Total BE is cut by 30% (To balance out against the other cranial augs as well as resulting in a bit of consequence for all the additional skill points)

Electromagnetic sensory feedback (?, passive):

Lvl1: Detects nearby radiation.
Lvl2: Displays the lethality of said radiation (Ci) (In GMDX radiation is more common and more lethal)
Lvl3: Detects nearby LED's of Proximity Mines and displays their trigger range relative to the player. (In GMDX there are more mines with increased proximity trigger radius and shorter countdown timer)
Lvl4: Displays feedback of player's light/dark level (basically a light gem).

Damn I still cannot think of an aug to replace silent running besides something like Dishonored's Blink (though not quite as OP).

Bug Fixes:

-Ford Schick appearing at Smugglers.

Misc:

-TNM Shotgun modify a couple of properties & import. (not necessary, but would be cool. HDTP Sawn-off is ugly as fuck and stands out compared to the quality of the other weapons).

-Mantling.

-NPC Vision range scaling with difficulty

-When hacking the player is not invisible.

I know where in the code all this stuff is/belongs but I just am not competent enough to code them in aside from the basics. Design and level design is what I do :)
anonymo
Thug

Post by anonymo »

Medicine detoxification extends beyond nutrition. It may involve lifestyle modifications such as regular exercise, stress management, and adequate sleep, all of which play roles in supporting the body's insulin resistance weight loss natural detox mechanisms.
anonymo
Thug

Post by anonymo »

The stability of variegation can vary among plants. Some may exhibit stable patterns, while others may experience changes over time. This is a natural merchant plant occurrence and part of the charm of variegated plants.