Silent Robots? Please, Help!

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Sergiy
Mole Person

Silent Robots? Please, Help!

Post by Sergiy »

Hello there! Recently I've decided to combine all DeusEx.u mods into an Ultimate one (Hardcore(only AI enhancements)+Biomod(as a base)+Shifter(mainly HDTP support)+Gmdx+Smoke etc. and of course - some of My own additions). All was going well until suddenly all Robots (and I guess animals too) became completely Silent (except for walking and firing sounds - Thank God!). Only sound that was playing - is Target Acquired Sound. Problem is that it was - exactly - PLAYING the whole time during the attack. OM-NOM-NOMing robots are fun for the first few times but it gets annoying pretty soon and they completely ruin the Atmosphere. Therefore I had to "seal" PlayTargetAcquireSound completely with '\\'. I don't remember touching Sound scripts at all and since I'm new to scripting - I cannot find any problem within scripts. :-k Could someone help Me, Please?

I don't remember exactly when, therefore I may be wrong, but I think it all started after I added Hardcore DX scripts (apart from Robots - everything works adorable) into the following .uc's:

ScriptedPawn.uc
Robot.uc
DeusExPlayer.uc

Can Somebody help Me, Please?
Hanfling
MJ12

Re: Silent Robots? Please, Help!

Post by Hanfling »

Post Code.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Sergiy
Mole Person

Post by Sergiy »

Yeah, of course. My bad - sorry. Since I don't know where the mistake is - have to upload the whole scripts, sorry for inconvenience: EditedScripts.rar - 151.9 Kb
Sergiy
Mole Person

Post by Sergiy »

Anyone? :( ](*,)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Did you add the child robots from Hardcore DX also: SecurityBot2, SpiderBot2 etc?

If animals have became silent also despite not touching animal.uc, then that indicates the problem is in scriptedPawn. Hopefully someone else can help you out better.
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

Sergiy, could you send me the mod? I'd love to play it, regardless of the silence thing!
Sergiy
Mole Person

Post by Sergiy »

Cybernetic pig, Thanks - I'll check that when I finish my job. Maybe I indeed overlooked some new robots' scripts, even though I specifically tried to avoid or delete them.
Zireael - Will do, after checking something, as I'm in the middle of some testing. "We have other problems", so to speak, and it is not UNATCO this time. :) But for now all glitches are minor and are being easily corrected. With or without robots It should be operational (no, not "within six months") week. At least I hope so - as I said, I'm new to scripting. Thanks for the interest!
Last edited by Sergiy on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergiy
Mole Person

Post by Sergiy »

Ok - forget it. Hardcore DX screwed a lot (Running NPCs, for example) - had to delete most of its scripts for now. I'll do some other stuff (still have some Smoke scripts to salvage and the upcoming version of GMDX) - and then, at the end, I'll check those scripts again and will add AI enhancements carefully, one by one. Sorry that bothered you all. And Zireael - after that I'll post what I've compiled, as I promised.
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

How's it coming along, Sergiy?
Sergiy
Mole Person

Post by Sergiy »

Well, I failed, sorry. :( Broke everything beyond repair. i still try to fix it, but it won't be something bug-free for the audience. BUT do not fret! There is some other guy with the same Idea for the mod and more experience in scripting! Thank God!
Since I want to atone for the hype I've created - here is the link for the mod:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unified-deus- ... /5#4498805
It is still WIP, but progresses quite rapidly. Right now it contains Shifter, Biomod and dxEnhanced improvements and compatible with Revision, New Vision and HDTP. Later it will contain Smoke, Human Renovation and, partly, GDMX improvements as seperate optional modules. +some custom changes, unique for this mod, like new HD renders for icons, etc.
Even if I succeed in scripting My own mod - it will still be not as good as this one above. <_<
kocmo
Thug

Post by kocmo »

Sergiy wrote:Well, I failed, sorry. :( Broke everything beyond repair. i still try to fix it, but it won't be something bug-free for the audience. BUT do not fret! There is some other guy with the same Idea for the mod and more experience in scripting! Thank God!
Since I want to atone for the hype I've created - here is the link for the mod:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unified-deus- ... /5#4498805
It is still WIP, but progresses quite rapidly. Right now it contains Shifter, Biomod and dxEnhanced improvements and compatible with Revision, New Vision and HDTP. Later it will contain Smoke, Human Renovation and, partly, GDMX improvements as seperate optional modules. +some custom changes, unique for this mod, like new HD renders for icons, etc.
Even if I succeed in scripting My own mod - it will still be not as good as this one above. <_<
From "some other guy" :-)

The "one above" mod mentioned (namely unifiedDeusEx) - I have based it on DeusEx.u originally posted by Sergiy in the BioMod comments on ModDB. Буквально (literally), I have taken DeusEx.u created by Sergiy (The9thHeretic) and used it as the basis for unifiedDeusEx. Putting the credit where the credit is due. Sergiy, thank you for doing the initial pass on adding HTDP Release 2 support to BioMod. Дякую :-)

Btw, similar work was also done by Mirrorman95 earlier. Guess great minds think alike :-)
Sergiy
Mole Person

Post by Sergiy »

Wow. :) That's, actually, good to hear! That means that My attempts were not for naught!
If we collaborate, maybe there will be a result, but that should be discussed via PMs (and if that sounds funny to someone - grow up already! :roll: :smile: You know perfectly well what I meant!).