Transfering Player models

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
CodyM
Thug

Transfering Player models

Post by CodyM »

There is a player model that you can choose in the "2027" mod for Deus Ex that I would like to play in both the Vanilla game and in TNM. Is there anyway to transfer player character models from that mod to the vanilla game and into TNM?

By Player models I am speaking of the appearance that you can select at the beginning of a new game. Like in TNM for example where you can choose a Trestkon that wears a trench coat, or one without one, or a Trestkon with sun glasses, or one with no sun glasses, etc.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: Transfering Player models

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Haven't played 2027 yet so not sure how that works. If it's a regular DX mesh and not a custom one you'll need to extract the textures from 2027 (can be done with WOTGreal Exporter for instance), then you need to import the textures, code up your own player class that inherits from JCDentonMale and set it up to use the newly imported textures.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Haven't played 2027 yet so not sure how that works. If it's a regular DX mesh and not a custom one you'll need to extract the textures from 2027 (can be done with WOTGreal Exporter for instance), then you need to import the textures, code up your own player class that inherits from JCDentonMale and set it up to use the newly imported textures.
Um..that went wayyy over my head lol. Is there any tutorial on how I can do that? I have never even attempted to mod or do anything like that with Deus Ex before.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I'm afraid not. I'd like to help you but I'm quite busy with my own mod, sorry about that.
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

Well thank you anyway.

Would anyone else mind giving me a hand please?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Or actually there might be tutorials.

Check out: http://dx-revision.com/dxtutorials/tack/

Do the "Creating and setting a custom player class (without the Mod Loader)" tutorial, you may need to import the textures from 2027 by following "Adding custom textures".
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

Thank you. I appreciate your help :smile:.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Is it a playable character in 2027? You might not have to do the above mentioned stuff..
if it is a playable character; please do this:

First, go half-screen by pressing ALT+ENTER, then..

type this command ingame:

Code: Select all

EditActor class human
then tell me what the title of the Window that has opened states.. As in, the top blue portion which has the 'cross' for you to exit that menu.
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

~DJ~ wrote:Is it a playable character in 2027? You might not have to do the above mentioned stuff..
if it is a playable character; please do this:

First, go half-screen by pressing ALT+ENTER, then..

type this command ingame:

Code: Select all

EditActor class human
then tell me what the title of the Window that has opened states.. As in, the top blue portion which has the 'cross' for you to exit that menu.
Yes, it is a playable character in 2027. I tried what you said but it just says "Missing class" at the top left corner of the screen. I am typing the command in the prompt you get when pressing the tilde key. Nothing changes in the top blue portion. It only says "2027".
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Um okay, yeah, nevermind that. The method I was saying would force you to copy-paste alot of files.
Just tell me which appearance you like from the 'New Game Menu' of 2027, and I'll export the textures and stuff for you. :oops:
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

~DJ~ wrote:Um okay, yeah, nevermind that. The method I was saying would force you to copy-paste alot of files.
Just tell me which appearance you like from the 'New Game Menu' of 2027, and I'll export the textures and stuff for you. :oops:
Dude that is awesome. Thank you so much for that. I'll give you a couple pics.

Image Image Image Image Image

As you can see the model I am requesting is the one with brown hair and orange sun glasses. Again, thank you for doing this for me, I really appreciate it.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

well, I was thinking to get all the skins but got lazy, so apologies.. :oops:
Here's the mod, attached below.
The file also contains a Read-Me which explains errything.
Attachments
2027Daniel.rar
(70.73 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

~DJ~ wrote:well, I was thinking to get all the skins but got lazy, so apologies.. :oops:
Here's the mod, attached below.
The file also contains a Read-Me which explains errything.
You are a saint and a scholar! Thank you very much man I appreciate it!