"Deus Infernalis" - A very wip mod set in Doom 3's UAC

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: "Deus Infernalis" - A very wip mod set in Doom 3's UAC

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Turn BE into Armour, 02 meter into stamina.
ThisIsMyUsername
UNATCO

Post by ThisIsMyUsername »

Hmm... Good idea, but in that case I'd need to add another O2 meter for Marswalks or the occasional water segment. I'll talk to Hanfling about it :P
I have opened the mayor. When the power drops, go in, and go in, and go in like the US Marshal and his three daughters and we lose the vaccine!

We want to power down the whole system.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

For the gameplay, I'm intending to lean more towards "Classic Doom with a Deus Ex twist and Doom 3's setting thrown in".
At least two of the three games have not stamina in it. So fuck it. It sucks anyway.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ThisIsMyUsername
UNATCO

Fair enough 8-[
I have opened the mayor. When the power drops, go in, and go in, and go in like the US Marshal and his three daughters and we lose the vaccine!

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hanfling wrote: At least two of the three games have not stamina in it. So fuck it. It sucks anyway.
Eh, I like stamina as you have to more more tactfully. Doom 3 gave you plenty enough to run for long periods of time, you just needed to make a tactical rest from time to time.
But if we are talking gameplay as whole, then yeah, Doom 1 & 2 own 3, but it's mostly because of the level design more than anything.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

When you have a large amount there is no tactic change involved, so you simply have to wait from time to time. And this sucks for gameplay.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ThisIsMyUsername
UNATCO

Well I'm back from a short weekend trip, but I have a tiny bit of progress to show for it. :P

For a while now I've been working on making blood and gore.. bloodier, gorier, permanent, and generally just hella messy. You should now be able to see the aftermath of your carnage as you fight your way through the facility... Of course, there should be an option for sneaking too, but where's the fun in that? This is Doom, dammit! :mrgreen:

Anyways, there's a few bugs to be ironed out with this, but that should be taken care of before long. After I figure that out, I'm gonna get back to mapping, and I'm going to see about custom animations for zombies and new models for demons.

That's it for now :)

Kurton
Mole Person

Post by Kurton »

Really enjoying those first few screenshots, especially the architecture =D> The lighting leaves something to be desired though, namely some color and contrast, I bet with some touchup with that could take it from good to great
ThisIsMyUsername
UNATCO

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can make the lighting any better. It may just be a matter of using a better renderer, though, cause I think I just have old crappy ones right now. Still, I'll take a look at it.

And I think I've learned a lot architecture-wise... At least, more than I knew before I started :P Hopefully I can transfer this knowledge over into some more original maps. We'll see.

Anyways, I'm kinda working at a snail's pace right now, but I've been spending a lot of time porting models over for some stronger resemblance to the source material. Needs some work. :smile:

ThisIsMyUsername
UNATCO

Hey just popping in to say I'm not completely dead yet. :P I've just been taking an excessively long break and will get back to it soonish. I was considering making my own models instead of porting them from D3 or whatever but then I was all like "nah fuck it". Back to work next week. :)