Adding Keypads for doors to any Mission Script

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

Adding Keypads for doors to any Mission Script

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

To elaborate, there are certain doors in certain areas that I would like to place keypads (or simple buttons) near, so that they will open when a code is entered (or when a button is pressed). There seem to be quite a few doors in the game that JC can apparently walk up to and open whenever he's in their corresponding rooms, but he can never enter them from the outside by normal means.
Robin: "Holy flying snotburgers, Batman!"
Batman: o_0 O_0 o.0 O.0
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: Adding Keypads for doors to any Mission Script

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Not quite sure what you mean, do you want to spawn a keypad from MissionScript? Then take a look at Mission06.uc, the dummy keypad outside of Tong's compound is destroyed when you have completed certain objectives and a new one is spawned in its place with the proper code.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

In Mission06.uc Keypads are just destroyed and unhidden, not actually spawned.

But i don't see the problem, just remove the tigger which opens the door. Use foreach and check the name of the trigger (or event? or whatever is used to upen the door). And call spawn to spawn a Button/Keypad nearby and set the event and code.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Not quite sure what you mean, do you want to spawn a keypad from MissionScript? Then take a look at Mission06.uc, the dummy keypad outside of Tong's compound is destroyed when you have completed certain objectives and a new one is spawned in its place with the proper code.
An example is UNATCO's prison cells. It's known by quite a few people that JC can personally interrogate the NSF Troopers at the beginning of Mission 03 (before Walton Simons gets ahold of them), but unless the player is using the cheat code "ghost", he can't actually get into the cell. The thing is, he can still exit the cell as if he had access to them all along. I'd just like to be able to make it possible for him to open doors like that via normal means.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

opensesame? :)

Also, it is faintly ludicrous that UNATCO has door-opening switches on the inside of their interrogation cells.

"Well, we wouldn't want anyone to get stuck in our prison. That would be crazy."
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

The doors use an advanced IFF system!

Open for friendlies, chunk up for enemies!
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

DDL wrote:opensesame? :)
Uhh......no. Cheats aren't enabled, nor will they be. :?
DDL

Post by DDL »

Just saying. It's a fuckton easier to just use that on doors than it is to export, recode, and then recompile large chunks of missionscripts with calls to spawn buttons at specific vector coordinates with hardcoded event names.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

You could also use a Mutator for that. ^^