White Backgrounds Appearing in Skins & Icons

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

White Backgrounds Appearing in Skins & Icons

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

The previous error ("Error, Can't find Mesh 'TestBox'") that I created this topic for has been resolved......I now seem to be having issues with the *.pcx images I've been importing into "DeusExItems.u" and "DeusExUI.u". For some reason or another, the images I import are now all of a sudden adding these little white backgrounds to the icons I edited for my inventory and one of the skins I've created for an item pickup.

This hasn't happened at all before now, so I'm wondering if anyone could possibly lend me a hand & help me figure out what's going wrong.
Robin: "Holy flying snotburgers, Batman!"
Batman: o_0 O_0 o.0 O.0
Hanfling
MJ12

Re: White Backgrounds Appearing in Skins & Icons

Post by Hanfling »

Maybe you changed the palette (or you had luck with it beeing right before), iirc the last or first color of the palette is used as a alpha mask.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yup, you must also select that it's a msked texture on import.

See: http://dx-revision.com/dxtutorials/tack ... tures.html
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

Hanfling wrote:Maybe you changed the palette (or you had luck with it being right before); IIRC, the last or first color of the palette is used as a alpha mask.
bjorn98009_91 wrote:Yup, you must also select that it's a masked texture on import.

See: http://dx-revision.com/dxtutorials/tack ... tures.html
Another issue resolved......apparently, I was using the wrong color for the backgrounds. The mistake I made was in thinking that the background color I'd used for a couple of icons I'd created several years ago would be the same color I'd have to use in my newer images. Thanks for the help. :D
Robin: "Holy flying snotburgers, Batman!"
Batman: o_0 O_0 o.0 O.0