Jim Bowen and homing pigeon

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
jimmynoshoes
Mole Person

Jim Bowen and homing pigeon

Post by jimmynoshoes »

Hey all, hoping someone can help here perhaps.

Trying to track down Jim Bowen, he helped me create a homing pigeon for the game. And i've only gone and formatted the drive that had the original compiles. All I have left is a .uc file for the ammo >_<.

The weapon appeared in your hands as a pigeon (bobbing head and all), throw on the floor and makes lam noises, then puff of smoke and pigeon flies around looking for a target. When it spots something, it follows across the map until it eventually flies into it and explodes like rocket.

We also made a healing grenade but that was never used in public as it was somewhat buggy. (had a healing radius and would slowly heal you when you stood it in for 5-6 seconds).

Anyway, hoping someone may know of his email (no msn so no way of looking anymore). If not, if someone would like to recreate this that would be amazing. It took us about 2 hours initially. I was mainly there for testing >_> I don't know much about coding myself and from what I remember, it was quite complex to make.

Thanks either way.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: Jim Bowen and homing pigeon

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Do you have the .u files for it? Does it feature a native component?
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
jimmynoshoes
Mole Person

Post by jimmynoshoes »

All I have is the .uc for the ammo, no .u files, got wiped in the format.

The ammo was based off 10mm ammo, so nothing special in that file. Would need a full remake unless Jim can be found and has the original files still.

Sorry I cant be much help on this one, it's a long shot but I don't know where else to ask.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Haha. I love the idea. Kinda good idea for a mutator.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
jimmynoshoes
Mole Person

Post by jimmynoshoes »

Thanks! I got the idea from playing Worms Armageddon at the time. Recently started both games up again and remembered the pigeon we made... but alas, i've lost it all :(
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Yeah i know that it is out of Worms, but i never had the idea that it could be fun in dx. :D
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
jimmynoshoes
Mole Person

Post by jimmynoshoes »

Ahh :) I didn't realise how great it was until we started testing it in multiplayer

Nothing worse than looking around for someone and suddenly spotting a pigeon flying towards you. Spend the next few moments trying to run from it so you can live lol. It seldom worked :D

I remember one time someone ran into a group of his friends and I got a triple kill from a small pigeon explosion.