1st person animations for Deus Ex with Blender

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Danik
Mole Person

1st person animations for Deus Ex with Blender

Post by Danik »

Hello all,this seems like the only place on the internet to be able to find answers to my questions regarding editing Deus Ex and glad I have stumbled upon here.

I want to modify some of the 1st person view's animations as they seem quite displeasing for me and thought of giving it a go myself,I am using Blender 2.76.
I have downloaded the Deus Ex editing pack 2.2,and I use the DXMeshTool to export the models to Blender in .ms3d format,its the only thing possible for me at the moment because UModel exports the models as .3d files,which is a format not supported anywhere it seems.
So how do I get an animation I create to get work ingame? are there any tutorials or guides for that out there? or if anyone knows how and may consider explaining I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Bogie
UNATCO

Re: 1st person animations for Deus Ex with Blender

Post by Bogie »

Well, I was never able to figure this out myself, but look for one of the members of the HDTP Project. If you really want updated hand models (Decorations, character models, weapons too), search up HDTP. It's a pretty good HD Mod. Also, Milkshape 3D (A Very useful model editor) imports and exports a ton of 3d models including .3d
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

By the way, this was to be for GMDX. Yet another potential artist lost as a result of little documentation of the import process and the general fragmented deathbed state of the DX community. What a shame.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Btw. Autodesk gives out free 3 year licenses to students (including 3DS Max, Maya, ...).

Regarding the topic if anyone else stumbles upon:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150609012 ... And_Import
https://web.archive.org/web/20150609012 ... cy:3ds2unr

Best documentation about how to get meshes into Unreal Engine I found so far. I actually imported a Half-life SDK mesh for testing that way. :)
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

You could try contacting WCCC, he's active on ModDB and he imported some new animations in. He's the main person behind Hatchet.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

oh, what a shame..
If it means anything anymore, I'm including a file here for a package I created back when Multiplayer was active, a Snowball weapon for a Christmas theme event/mod.. it has an import file, along with the Milkshape .ms3d file containing all the animations. Please check the import file, and the method on exporting from Milkshape was a Milkshape Plugin if I remember correctly, ms3d to DX .3d, so please look for that.

Hope this helps..
Attachments
FGSChristmas_SnowballWeapon.zip
(130.79 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
spotlightdubaitours
Thug

Post by spotlightdubaitours »

Discover the best Dubai Tour Packages with Spotlight Dubai Tours. Explore the iconic landmarks, indulge in thrilling activities, and engage yourself in the vibrant culture of this incredible city. Book your dream vacation today and create unforgettable memories in Dubai!
jubalhenry
UNATCO

Post by jubalhenry »

Great post. The particular submit has an effect on plenty of important difficulties individuals community. We all can't be uninvolved to be able to these kinds of difficulties. This kind of submit offers guidelines and also principles. Extremely useful and also sensible. pokój dla chłopca 7 lat
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

Your blog has piqued a lot of real interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting. I appreciate your efforts very much. изработка на сайт
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. city of stanton
aj473
Mole Person

Post by aj473 »

Good to see that you find your answer and you can resolve the issues you faced. It is a great place to learn from the people when I investigate this site I saw people look at these guys to find the solution from them.
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. 부산 타이마사지