Importing sounds?

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Echelon5
Mole Person

Importing sounds?

Post by Echelon5 »

The editing tools allow for exporting sounds really easily, but I can't quite figure out how to import/overwrite sounds. I'm guessing it's really simple and I'm the one making this more difficult than it actually is. <_<
Hanfling
MJ12

Re: Importing sounds?

Post by Hanfling »

In UnrealEd you can click import and enter the same package/group/name as the existing sound to replace a single sound.

However, as you can easily export all sounds (with batchexport), you could also head for simply updating the files on disk and rebuilding the whole package. This could be done by using exec directives in UnrealScript, like it was done with DeusExSounds package.

In RF's Editor package and in my personal HTK package we have two additional commandlets which ease up building sound packages. One of the commandlets called "audiopackages" basically turns a directory tree with sound files into a package and puts sound files in the subdirectories into groups. The second one is called "build" and is a successor to make, which also includes this feature to autoinclude resources found in certain directories. I can upload a HTK build if you are interessted.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Echelon5
Mole Person

Post by Echelon5 »

Sure, that sounds handy!
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Here you go HTK-DeusEx-1112f-20160108.zip

Some help about the audiopackages commandlet (I actually implemented it after seeing this page): http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php ... Commandlet
Might be worth to mention that you can use the (ingame) advanced preferences to specify the output directory for the commandlet (defaults to ..\Sounds).

Some (old) documentation of some of the first commandlets in HTK:
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 432207546/

Some post about my listobjectscommandlet (the one proven the most valuable for my purposes):
http://www.moddb.com/members/hanfling/b ... commandlet

As usual, you can use "ucc help" to get an overview of commandlets and "ucc help <commandlet>" to get some info about usage of a specific commandlet, but I really do need to write some comprehensive documentation about HTK anyway at some point.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Echelon5
Mole Person

Post by Echelon5 »

I'm finding that the import function won't work. The original sound remains even though I'm replacing it.