DXOgg .dll Errors?

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Venom3
Thug

DXOgg .dll Errors?

Post by Venom3 »

Hello!

I recently wanted to start mapping again. I've written a few lines, mapped a basic environment, but now I'd love to add custom music to Deus Ex. In every Mod DXOgg is used, but I can't find a decent download for that one :(
I read things like "try this dxogg", "take the dxogg from TMN", "do this", "download that", and whatnot; but none of this works.

So what I did was taking the TMNs DXOgg.u and DXOgg.dll and put it into my DeusEx\System folder. After this I added this line in the DeusEx.ini:
EditPackages=DXOgg

So that I can compile it and use it in the Editor. But when it tries to do so, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Can't find 'intADxOggexecSetCurrentOgg' in 'DxOgg.dll'
Doesn't it work with the Steam Version (installed in the standard steamgames folder)? Or has it something to do with the Deus Ex Editing pack 2.2 which I installed in that folder as well?

And, if somebody has it, could you be so kind and upload Tack's Deus Ex lab and UCs .chm files? I found a few sources which are still online, but there were a few sections missing and I'm really afraid of them to go offline anytime soon as well :|

Thank you very much for reading, I hope you guys can help me! :)

-Crimi
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: DXOgg .dll Errors?

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

What editor are you using and having issues with? UED 1 or 2?
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

I have same problem with DxOgg.

Code: Select all

Can't find 'intADxOggexecCheckFiles' in 'DxOgg.dll'

History: UPackage::GetDllExport <- UFunction::Bind <- UField::PostLoad <- UStruct::PostLoad <- UFunction::PostLoad <- UObject::ConditionalPostLoad <- (Function
DxOgg.DxOgg.CheckFiles) <- PostLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
What i can do ?

I have GOTY version of Deus Ex with SDK installed.
Venom3
Thug

Post by Venom3 »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:What editor are you using and having issues with? UED 1 or 2?
I've been trying it with the Deus Ex Editing Pack - that's UED2, but I also tried it with the original Editor that came with the SDK...
I mean I find many different dll and u files of DXOgg on the net, maybe I accidently mixed those up.. But I tried different versions I had on my drive.

Do you happen to have a working DXOgg for Both UED1 and 2?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Veronika: That sounds like you are using my DXOgg.u but the "stock" DXOgg.dll since Revision introduced the CheckFiles function. So basically the .u file is looking for the native CheckFiles function but can't find it since it's not in your .dll.

Venom3: Could be a missmatch between .u and .dll. Try my attached .rar. UED2 won't need a .dll since it's not actually used for playing the game, so it just need the .u to hold the editor classes. Be adviced that this is Revision's version of DXOgg that does contain a number of additions to the original source, but that shouldn't be a problem if you don't mix files.

I'm sorry I don't have the .chm files, but we do offer a mirror of Universal Constructor's tutorials and Tack's.
Attachments
DXOgg.rar
(166.42 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Veronika: That sounds like you are using my DXOgg.u but the "stock" DXOgg.dll since Revision introduced the CheckFiles function. So basically the .u file is looking for the native CheckFiles function but can't find it since it's not in your .dll.
I tried files from your archive, but nothing changed. I'm trying to rebuild RevisionMission for Russian localization of the Revision
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

If it's just for make just add the -nobind switch which ignores missing natives.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Hanfling wrote:If it's just for make just add the -nobind switch which ignores missing natives.
Thanks, now it works :D