"Error, Can't Find Sound (insert sound here)"

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

"Error, Can't Find Sound (insert sound here)"

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

Trying to add a few new sounds (experimenting with replacing sounds here & there) to Deus Ex, and I keep getting similar errors like the one below every time I attempt to compile a new DeusEx.u file.

Code: Select all

Compiling DeusExPlayer
C:\DeusEx\DeusEx\Classes\DeusExPlayer.uc(12731) : Error, Can't find Sound
 'LogSkillPoints'
Failed due to errors.

History: CompileError <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class
DeusEx.DeusExPlayer, Pass 1, Line 12731) <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <-
CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- DoScript
s <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

C:\DeusEx\System>
Kind of stumped with this one. I know I'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what it is. The sound files are all where they're supposed to be in their proper folders, so that can't be it, either. :/
Robin: "Holy flying snotburgers, Batman!"
Batman: o_0 O_0 o.0 O.0
DevAnj
UNATCO

Re: "Error, Can't Find Sound (insert sound here)"

Post by DevAnj »

Providing the DeusExPlayer file could help. I checked the original's code, and that sound file is referenced through some function in DeusExRootWindow, so try checking that too.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: "Error, Can't Find Sound (insert sound here)"

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Most likely is your editPackages=DeusExSounds is not being referenced before DeusEx.u. If you're trying to also recompile DeusExSounds, well, you can't. A new package is needed, and it must be listed before DeusEx.u in the editPackages list. DeusEx.u should always be last, only way anything can go after is if DeusEx.u does not reference anything from the package.