Where are the native coders :D

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
atrey65789
Thug

Where are the native coders :D

Post by atrey65789 »

Hello there, it has been awhile.

I was looking places for a C++ coder to simply make ONE simple native function for my team for our mod, Hatchet.

The code is simply controlling a mesh's drawscale, but it can be changed by the X, Y and Z axis.

So like SetScaleXYZ(float x, float y, float z), it would be like that, basically.

Anyone willing to help? I have a solid 5 bucks that can go towards someone's pizza fund if they can help me out.

-Atrey
Hanfling
MJ12

Re: Where are the native coders :D

Post by Hanfling »

So basically you want something like a MESHMAP SCALE command that works at runtime?
Thats basically just sth. which calls Mesh::SetScale() like.
// static native(666) function SetMeshScale( Mesh Mesh, Vector Scale );
void UToolbag::execSetMeshScale( FFrame& Stack, RESULT_DECL )
{
P_GET_OBJECT_REF(UMesh,Mesh);
P_GET_VECTOR(Scale);
if ( Mesh )
Mesh->SetScale( Scale );
}
For the other parts of building a native package consult the SampleNativePackage out of ut432pubsrc or runepubsrc and this.

But, there is a caveeat: This is per Mesh not per Actor, so if you need control over it on a per Actor level, you need to create other instances of the Mesh at runtime.

In case you just want deform a static object which has no animation, you could instead try to make use the blend animation system. Create three new animation frames in eitherone one the mesh is scaled to the maximum along an axis and play these as blend animations to control the scale in each direction.

And keep your pizza money.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
atrey65789
Thug

Post by atrey65789 »

Hey! Thanks for quickly replying!

I will definitely give this a go. Check your email if you can Han, I had to ask you a couple things, I asked you the same question here, but also some other things.

Thanks, man!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

German engineering living up to its reputation as usual ;)