Need help in producing a new mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Kelkos
UNATCO

Need help in producing a new mod

Post by Kelkos »

The other thread's currently dead. So, here exists the summary.
Greetings to all. I am Kelkos. A new user here. Equipped with Unrealed and having a wild imagination, I'm thinking of making my own mod. Sadly, I don't have any team members. No support from anyone and it's my first post on this site. I have no experience in coding and animating. But I'm a relatively nice level designer. I need some support with anyone who's contributing to freelance mod-making. I wish to team up with the creators of this stunningly outstanding mod. GMDX. Which holds a lot of acclaim for it's physics and stunning visuals. I need some help with coding and etc. So those aspirations and dreams that died a long time ago could finally come back to life. :smile:

Thanks for replies and support
Sincerely,
Kelkos
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Re: Need help in producing a new mod

Post by Kelkos »

I need someone who has skill in coding. I need a script. A damage increase script. Say for example a weapon has 8 damage. I want that weapon to double and triple the damage when it's fired by a pawn. The player damage should remain the same and the pawn damage should be doubled and tripled. The player should kill the enemy in 4-6 shots while the enemy should kill the player in 2-3 shots.

Thank you
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

8 damage double or tripled in combination with the game's other multipliers (headshot, combatdifficulty) is enough to kill the player in one shot.
It's also inconsistent. The player's weapons and the enemies weapons doing the same damage is intentional.

But if you want to ignore this, check the TakeDamage function in deusexplayer.uc, which is a class found in DeusEx.u. A simple script can be added there like:

Code: Select all

if (instigator.weapon != None && instigator.weapon.IsA('WeaponAssaultGun'))
     damage *= 2.0;
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Does this only work for the assault gun or all the weapons.
Also, where is it found. Which code line ?
This does increase the PAWN's weapon damage, right
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Assaultgun only unless otherwise specified by the code.

Place it in the body of TakeDamage(), near the top.

Yes.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

if (instigator.weapon != None && instigator.IsA('ScriptedPawn'))
     damage *= 2.0;
Will apply to all weapons used by pawns. Added a check for scriptedPawn to exclude damage you deal to yourself, if you want it.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Where do I have to put this code ?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------
// TakeDamage()
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------

function TakeDamage(int Damage, Pawn instigatedBy, Vector hitlocation, Vector momentum, name damageType)
{
	local int actualDamage;
	local bool bAlreadyDead, bPlayAnim, bDamageGotReduced;
	local Vector offset, dst;
	local float headOffsetZ, headOffsetY, armOffset;
	local float origHealth, fdst;
	local DeusExLevelInfo info;
	local DeusExWeapon dxw;
	local String bodyString;
	local int MPHitLoc;
	local GMDXFlickerLight lightFlicker;
    local float augLVL;
    local DeusExRootWindow root;
    local GMDXImpactSpark AST;

if ( bNintendoImmunity )
		return;

bodyString = "";
	origHealth = Health;

if (Level.NetMode != NM_Standalone)
	  Damage *= MPDamageMult;

//Add the code here  
      if (instigator != None && instigator.IsA('ScriptedPawn'))
         damage *= 2.0; //UnrealScript is not case-sensitive, so no need to capitalize the d
added additional condition/argument as environmental hazards probably pass none. I also removed the check for instigator.weapon there.

My help will be less frequent as of now. I have my own huge project to manage and you haven't exactly proven yourself deserving of my undivided support.