How to display coronas in skybox

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SkrillaX
NSF

How to display coronas in skybox

Post by SkrillaX »

I've placed a light with all the properties of a corona in a skybox zone. When I play the level the corona doesn't show up, but when I ghost to the skybox it appears perfectly fine. Is there a fix, or you can't place the corona in skyboxes. <_<
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: How to display coronas in skybox

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hmm? Thought you were cast away for being too troublesome. Well, I'll answer this because I'm bored.

I've never tried placing a corona in a skybox, but a solution that comes to mind is to spoof a corona. I'm guessing your attempts won't render because you're not in the same zone as it or because it wouldn't scale properly with the forced camera perspective (a corona shouldn't noticeably scale at all at long distances, if it can even be seen at all). Whatever the problem is, it is likely not something you can solve while using the traditional implementation of coronas (class light, bCorona=True).

Unreal Ed-only simple solution for non-coders: Place down an effect (Say, class LaserSpot), assign it a corona skin, set bStatic=true along with whatever other variable tweaks that are needed and stick it in your skybox.

If you want the corona effect to scale in size based on the player's distance and be less hacky, create a new class, assign it the desired corona skin, write some code yourself to make it scale based on distance, and stick it in the skybox.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

It's not rendered because the trace to check line of sight to the corona will always fail.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Hmm? Thought you were cast away for being too troublesome.
I removed the ban because it'd been in effect for long enough to make a point. We'll see if Skrillax has improved during his time in exile :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
lookneedful
Mole Person

Post by lookneedful »

This is not realistic.free games
raffatlaw
Thug

Post by raffatlaw »

Searching for a divorce lawyer services in Islamabad? Our experienced legal team is here to provide empathetic and professional assistance during this challenging time.