It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
GMDXv9.0 Public Beta 
UNATCO

Post Re: GMDXv9.0 Announced
Well, it seems the issue with the installer is not my own but the installer's. It's just been reported by another user after discussing with him whether this was happening to him as well. ;)

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Thug

Salk wrote:
Well, it seems the issue with the installer is not my own but the installer's. It's just been reported by another user after discussing with him whether this was happening to him as well. ;)

If your install folder for Deus Ex has a space in it (e.g. C:\Deus Ex or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Deus Ex), I found that the launcher shortcut doesn't have the proper command line because it doesn't account for this space. You'll get "CRITICAL ERROR Failed to enter DX.dx" when you hit play on the launcher. The solution is to manually edit the shortcut's target in the manner described here for HDTP:

http://offtopicproductions.com/forum/vi ... 849#p14849

If you're having some other issue, I have no idea.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:51 pm
NSF

You know, that I always thought that you could reduce the GMDXV8Setup file size by only including the necessary files like the DeusEx.u, GMDX.u etc. Ultimately reducing the space HDTP and New Vision take. Because when I saw 1.2 gb, I was pretty intimidated. But when I saw the total contents of the original GMDX files, it was kinda like 50 mbs or so. Couldn't you just add a note in the end that this mod won't work wothout HDTP and NV, so that users can download then separately ? Making the Total GMDX download file to 50 mbs ?

I'm not trying to start a fight here you know.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:13 pm
Illuminati

Such a thing already exists. v8.0 without NV: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/download ... new-vision

Hopefully that will keep you distracted, for now! :)

Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:26 pm
NSF

I'd suggest that you should heavily modify effects. For example, guns emit smoke when they are fired, and special explosion sprites and blindness when rockets are detonated. Also, to emphasize my point, can you upgrade the light augmentation? For e.g Tech one would have the normal light aug and the enemies would be able to see the light. Tech two will have colored lights and a wide radius, it's 75% visible to enemies. Tech three will have colored lighting, 50% visibility to enemies and a wider radius. Tech four will have red blue and yellow combined with special effects. Radius will be quite wide, and the beam would be imperceptible to enemies.

Just saying tho. :o

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:48 pm
Illuminati

Post Re: GMDXv9.0 Public Beta
Bird, if you're reading this your localization expertise is needed.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:53 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63