Higher requirements for new mods?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Higher requirements for new mods?

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

K just found out about a lot of these new mods and am very excited and impressed with the work being done.

The 2 I'm mostly interested in are the ones that give hi res backgrounds (HDTP?) and hi res items (New Visions? hope I'm getting them right).

My question is with each of these, will you need a better machine to play them than the original Deus Ex?

I have a graphics card that only supports shader ver 1.4 will that be good enough to use once I install these, or will I need a newer one with 2.0?

I run the game flawlessly now and would really like to use these, just hoping I don't have to upgrade my comp to do so.

Oh, and the obligatory comment... RELEASE THE DAMN THINGS ALREADY!!! :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Pixel shader 1.4 will be fine. The question is whether it has enough video memory. Both HDTP and New Vision (but especially New Vision) uses significantly larger textures than the original game, so they put more strain on your video card's memory. All around though, I think if you can run DX, you should be able to run HDTP or NV just fine. There's only one way to find out: Download them when they are released and try it out. If it doesn't work, all you've wasted is time :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

The system requirements have been "leaked" (I hacked into OTP and got them)

They are:
8 gigs DDR 3 3000 mhz RAM
quad core cpu (dual core is minimum)
768 mb and higher video card with 384bit at least

TNM, HDTP, and NV are so awesome they take up all your HDD space. They take 50 gigs each, so you may need to buy a new HDD
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

My card in particular is an ATI Radeon 9250 256 meg (stupid mobo with pci only slots) with a 2.53 Celeron processor and 760 megs ram if that helps. Crappy by todays standards but I run most games fine.

So just to make sure, between the 2 mods, one changing the environment and one changing all the items, thats everything in the game, right?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Ebenezer Grymm wrote:My card in particular is an ATI Radeon 9250 256 meg (stupid mobo with pci only slots) with a 2.53 Celeron processor and 760 megs ram if that helps. Crappy by todays standards but I run most games fine.
That's probably OK.
So just to make sure, between the 2 mods, one changing the environment and one changing all the items, thats everything in the game, right?
Well, there's DX:Reborn which also changes the game engine. If you mean 'world textures' by 'environment', then your description is accurate.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Also, you have them mixed up: HDTP is items/weapons/characters etc, NV is world textures.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

And TNM is just plain awesome.

What? I'm allowed to say that!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

I really want to get reborn when it comes out but I dont have ut04 :(
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I've got that same video card. No performance hit at least with the first two beta releases of HDTP and NV. :)