Ammo Creation Issues

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CorinthMaxwell
NSF

Ammo Creation Issues

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

Ok.......I have no idea where else to post this, so........

I'm attempting to create a new type of ammunition, and I need to know how to add certain damage types (EMP, Poison, Radiation, etc.) to the ammo I wish to make.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

I had the same problem when I was making a stun gun; basically I wanted a stealth pistol that shot tranquiliser darts which knocked a guard unconscious first time no matter where you hit him. In the end I somehow made it so it shot a dart which shocked the guard, making him go into spasms (like the riot prod and a second shot would knock him unconscious. It was pretty cool so I stuck with it.

Anyway, it depends on what type of ammo you want. If you want to make a new model, then I think you'll need a completely new class. But if you want to just modify an ammo you need to make a subclass (I think that's what it's called) and just edit the default properties.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You may want to post at DX Editing instead. If you get a useful reply here, it's likely because somebody from DXE swings by to answer (most likely DDL) :)

http://www.dxediting.com/forums/
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I'm a little unsure as to what you're trying to achieve but the damage type comes from the projectile rather than the ammo. It is determined in a function within the weapon which you could feasibly replace.