Anyone play Iji?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Delta2501
UNATCO

Anyone play Iji?

Post by Delta2501 »

I was wondering if anyone else had played the freeware game Iji; it is a 2D platformer type game kind of like metroid game (a more linear metroidvania if you like) but you can search for hidden logbooks for information about the world, some of your decisions will effect the plot (though nothing major), you can hack (sorry "crack") to open doors and disable enemies and you can choose what stats to put stats into when levelling up, making it easier to hack/break doors/use more weapons.

This game made me interested in the possibility of a 2D Deus Ex game. I think it shows that exploration, choice of different varieties of play (gunning, avoiding, sneaking) etc. can work in 2D. I'd like to see a DX themed game along these lines, especially if there were cool bosses to mess with/avoid like in Iji.
Angel-A
UNATCO

Re: Anyone play Iji?

Post by Angel-A »

Sounds interesting, definitely gonna check it out. (found a trailer)
I have a soft spot for 2D, sprite based graphics, a DX mini-game like this would be sweet.
NoxDeleo
Mole Person

Post by NoxDeleo »

That would be cool. Have you guys played the Radish Adventure in TNM? That's kinda 2D (movement, but 3D environment) platform Deus Ex.
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

It's awesome. First, have a lot fun by going through it blowing shit up spectacularly. Then, try a passive playthrough without killing anyone. And see how things play out differently!

Asha is one of my favourite videogame bosses, especially on Extreme/Ultimortal difficulty.

And the music kicks ass.

I am still unable to beat a fully charged Tor (it's a thing that unlocks after finishing the game once that allows you to make the end boss more powerful) on Ultimortal difficulty. But I will beat him one day! [-(

Who says games made in Game Maker can't be good? :twisted: