What is Deus Ex?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

What is Deus Ex?

A Video game
No votes
An interactive simulation
No votes
My vision is augmented
100%

Total votes: 3
miguel
UNATCO

Re: What is Deus Ex?

Post by miguel »

More than a videogame.
Whit all the possible options to play it and its SDK whit all of its features, it makes it almost lyke a toy.
It reminds me when i was little, playing whit plastic soldiers and action figures, giving them orders, having dialogs, fighting each others.
when someone grows up loses the imagination but whit the power of computers and nice videogames like Deus Ex, an adult can recover some of it.
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

Deus Ex is jumping down the center of the Hells Kitchen warehouse in god mode and assault-rifling everybody on the way down.
My name is not Jeff.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

~DJ~ wrote:
Jaedar wrote:What is Deus Ex?
Baby don't hurt me...don't hurt me.. No more!

WAS EPIC.. BUT FU U GUYS
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I accidentally... a whole deus ex..
lol
Darma
UNATCO

Post by Darma »

Deus Ex is making your own guns and then by key binding, you slow down the time, you get in a place with LOADS of mj12 guys and you kill them slowly/fastly/slow/fast...
(and yes I quote that everytime it happens, the other day at work I said it along with all the other programmers because our Manager said "how do people feel about Lemon Lime for drinks" and we all shouted "WE WANTED ORANGE!" he didn't get it )
LOL, you all played DX?
Amakir
NSF

Post by Amakir »

Jaedar wrote:Deus ex is reinstalled whenever it is mentioned
well now i must reinstall Deus Ex... Oh wait it is already installed on my PC. Well time to uninstall Deus Ex so i can reinstall it.
"There is a door, you will be required to get through it. If you cannot think of at least three ways to do that, perhaps Deus Ex is not the game for you. - chris the cynic
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Deus Ex is the closest exploration we have ever came to virtual reality. When you look at all the aspects in the game as far as gameplay and storyline, we will never get a game as close to mankind ever again.

I think thats why people have such a connection with this game, it offers a step into the other side of our world behind the scenes that we never get to explore with someone as cool and down to earth as JC Denton, although he is just a cyborg of sorts...
Darma
UNATCO

Post by Darma »

Amakir wrote:
well now i must reinstall Deus Ex... Oh wait it is already installed on my PC. Well time to uninstall Deus Ex so i can reinstall it.
Good idea, I'll do the same
... Oh wait, if I do... I'll lost all my creations :/
TIME FOR BACKUP!
Amakir
NSF

Post by Amakir »

Darma wrote:
Amakir wrote:
Good idea, I'll do the same
... Oh wait, if I do... I'll lost all my creations :/
TIME FOR BACKUP!
I think i have an old computer lying around here somewhere. Time to reinstall Deus Ex on that computer, oh and wile im at it i might also install it on my brothers laptop.

deus Ex will always be remembered as the game my friend started to love once i showed him that you could turn of the bobbing wile walking.
"There is a door, you will be required to get through it. If you cannot think of at least three ways to do that, perhaps Deus Ex is not the game for you. - chris the cynic
Darma
UNATCO

Post by Darma »

I discovered it when my sister was playing it but afther 1 complete play she stopped and played another game.

I tryed to make my friends playing it but I failled
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Deus Ex is the red pill.

Don't actually remember how I got into playing it, I remember playing the demo a lot then finally convincing my dad to drive me to PC world to get a copy, now I have 3 (one original, one Sold Out and one Sold Out GOTY version which didn't have the OST or newspaper clip in it like original GOTY). I remmber playing through the game not long after it was released and thinking, "If I had an editor, I could do this, I could redo that music and so on..." then I was so happy when the SDK came out until "I have the editor, why can't I do this? Why does the music not sound like I want it to?"

Anyway, Deus Ex is really the ability to show game designers that its not the future we should be looking into, but the past to see how real games should be made. Its not all about flashy graphics and top end looks, its the core coding of the game that is important. Get the gameplay and feel working properly THEN worry about the graphics and looks...Hello INVISIBLE WAR I am talking to you!...Eh, no ones home.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
PsychotiK
Thug

Post by PsychotiK »

Deus Ex is -- A game based on a conspiracy involving the staff at UNATCO, a vending machine and their unlucky German victim, Gunther Hermann. He wanted Orange, but they gave him Lemon Lime!
Oh, sorry, wrong conspiracy. Actually, it's just about some people planning to rule the world and stuff. Not as exciting as a vending machine. 'Nuff said.

Alright, in all seriousness: Deus Ex is -- The best PC game of the decade. Happy? :P

P.S: To anyone who doesn't understand what I'm talking about with Gunther and the plot involving the Orange drink he wanted, replay Deus Ex!
Kaiza Killa
Thug

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Deus Ex is exploding upon death. In other words, please ensure that you are out climbing mountains alone or patrolling a secret facility when you do, not in a hospital room surrounded by friends and family.

H+
LTNObvious
Thug

Post by LTNObvious »

Deus Ex is sneaking up behind that MJ12 commando and knocking him out, only to be spotted and killed by the security bot you didn't notice. True story. Stupid VersaLife nanotech labs.
~Rob "LTNObvious" L.
TimGT
Thug

Post by TimGT »

Deus Ex is the game that ruined every other game I played afterwards. Ten years worth of em <_<