Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Post by bobby 55 »

Hey Mr_C, thanks for the preload news. Outside chance of an early release perhaps?

Yikes, I hope the 1.8 MB/s DL stays constant.

Added: Well it was rocketing along at 1.8 MB/s, and I was thinking the decrypting would take longer than the download, then kapow, it dropped to 40KB/s at the 70% mark... where it remains. *sobs*
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:
Hassat Hunter wrote:With the current consoles having HD's you don't even need to burn a disc anymore either...
Really? Can you actually transfer pirated games from the PC to a console harddisk and play it straight from the harddrive?
Googling seems to indicate that the ability to play games from any hardrive connected to your xbox is one of the features of the cracking.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I pre-ordered from Amazon. #-o
Which means I don't get the TF2-Deus Ex Items. :(
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Do you actually give half a shit?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Jonas wrote:Do you actually give half a shit?
Nope. I was kidding.
The novelty of collecting hats and weapons in Team Fortress 2 wore off a long time ago.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

DaveW wrote:
Dragon wrote:
DaveW wrote:Uh, not at all really. Yes you only have to mod your console once - but that requires physically altering the console. Most people don't bother. Pirating a game on the PC is as simple as dowloading a torrent and installing. Putting a .exe in a directory isn't quite the same as giving someone your console and paying them to strip it and forcefully bypass the hardware.
Cracking consoles ranges from hardware modding (so called "mod chipping") all the way to simple flashcards (SuperCard on NDS) that you just buy, plug in and play. Whereas with the former group you need to know a bit how it works (or have somebody do it for you) with the later group it's a no-brainer. Especially with the later group I doubt it's more involved than pirating on the PC. With chipping we can discuss but with so many "pals" doing chipping for you to earn their pocket money easily I doubt it's that un-important.
I think it's clear we're talking about 360's and PS3's, not handhelds
Reading would be king... as well as being informed. I said in terms of "consoles" (this includes stationary AND mobile ones) you find everything from "chipping" (hardware modding) to simple stuff like flashcards ("for example" NDS).

Furthermore this banning stuff is not very relevant. The only people they ban are those that stupid to brag about playing a cracked game or even cheating on top of it. If you would know "scene forums" you would know that this entire banning stuff is little to no problem.

But anyways it looks like another case of ATD.

EDIT: @Jonas:
You said Eidos claimed they do not region-lock? I've got to disappoint you as right now it has been found out that it is region locked... and guess what... it hit "again" Germany. With other words those (like me) wanting English language have to pirate. Region-lock sucks U_U
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Dragon wrote:
DaveW wrote:I think it's clear we're talking about 360's and PS3's, not handhelds
Reading would be king... as well as being informed. I said in terms of "consoles" (this includes stationary AND mobile ones) you find everything from "chipping" (hardware modding) to simple stuff like flashcards ("for example" NDS).

Furthermore this banning stuff is not very relevant. The only people they ban are those that stupid to brag about playing a cracked game or even cheating on top of it. If you would know "scene forums" you would know that this entire banning stuff is little to no problem.
And I said that we weren't talking about handhelds. Yes, you get simpler hacks on handhelds - but that was irrelevant to the discussion. I freaking hate it when an argument gets to this stage, but goddamn it. If I'm saying "I don't like Apples because they're really red" you can't say "Apples aren't that red because oranges are orange!" It's not relevant!

Regarding the bans by Microsoft, it wasn't because people were 'bragging'. It's likely (read: no one actually knows, despite your suggestion otherwise) it was because they found a way to detect that specific hack. Do you really think they searched through 1 million individuals each bragging about using pirated games? Granted that was in 09 and hasn't happened since but it's still a 'risk'. Even if you want to ignore it, there's still the fact that console piracy isn't as big as PC piracy for some reason that may or may not be the risk of bans.
Dragon wrote:EDIT: @Jonas:
You said Eidos claimed they do not region-lock? I've got to disappoint you as right now it has been found out that it is region locked... and guess what... it hit "again" Germany. With other words those (like me) wanting English language have to pirate. Region-lock sucks U_U
That's what they've said.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Actually I said they'd stated the digital versions won't be region locked.

I guess according to the link Dave posted, they're not planning to do it with the physical copies either anymore.

And either way they said all along you'll be able to download and install whatever language packs you want. So...
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I hate how Human Revolution is now the top selling game on Steam now that they added the TF2 items to it.

Because most people will just be buying it for the hats.

"With these TF2 Items you also get a free game!"
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Sure it's not the top selling game because of the TF2 items...
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Seriously though, I tried to play TF2 the other day, and WTF.

The servers were either

A)achievement servers, un-labelled as such, so you join and it's just 10 heavies standing there looking at you like you shat in their cornflakes
B)slightly more subtle achievement servers, where it says "orange X3" but it's actually just a sniper and four scouts, all of whom have crazy vanity items that instagib, and just panel you 24/7 while screeching GTFO NOOB
C)massive clusterfucks of DLC content hats etc, where any original link to class-based behaviour has totally fallen by the wayside and you have sniper scounts, chainsaw medics and close combat demomen

It was quite disappointing really, coz I loved TF2 back when it wasn't fucking retarded.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Jonas wrote:Sure it's not the top selling game because of the TF2 items...
If it has not been at the top "before" but it is "after" the item trick has been added the logic conclusion is that it is only at the top "because" of the item trick. That said I would not give a damn about their selling stats anyways. Nobody can verify them so they can easily be rigged to get people to buy what is most lucrative for them at the moment. That's now purely my accusation but seeing what they did so far already in steam I would not be astonished if this is skewed too ;)
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Dragon wrote:If it has not been at the top "before" but it is "after" the item trick has been added the logic conclusion is that it is only at the top "because" of the item trick.
Well I'll give you that, but this is only really true if nothing else happened at the same time, and wasn't it about the same time the game was made available to pre-load? I guess the TF2 items are more likely to attract a big swathe of new pre-orders than just opening it up to pre-load, but it's worth considering.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

My theory, with only a few days 'til release, the undecided....erm, decided to grab a pre purchase. There's a frypan and a cap in my Steam inventory...big fucking deal. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

bobby 55 wrote:My theory, with only a few days 'til release, the undecided....erm, decided to grab a pre purchase. There's a frypan and a cap in my Steam inventory...big fucking deal. :P
No need. The IOSz is already online (at least one link, going to spread soon) :D