Things in life you noticed first in Deus Ex

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, before even leaving the docks, AgentSmithereens. The opening scene past the intro was identical between the demo and the full game, and if you recall, it looks exactly like this:

I just took that screenshot. That is the exact view when the intro is finished and Liberty Island loads up. You don't even have to turn slightly to see the statue, you've already been positioned to view it and it's quite prominent :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Oh right I get ya.
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

metche_steele wrote:You know it's really weird but you know how you always had to keep an eye out for security cameras? I distinctly recall being security camera aware in the real world after playing DX lol. I started noticing cameras i'd never taken notice of before! It was weird but funny lol.
Oh yeah. It's funny when games do that to you. I played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher bay for a while and one day I was walking outside in the dark, I saw the street lights, and thought I should shoot them out.
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Things in life you noticed first in Deus Ex

Post by Kee715 »

Ah my old nemesis, the security camera. I remember many a time where they spelled my doom, and I always celebrate when I claim a victory over one. When I trek into Wal-Mart (usually to grab an item or two when my mom doesn't want to >:( ) I am wary of ALL OF THEM!! MY NEMESIS IS OUT TO GET ME!!!!!! I hate Security Cameras! XD XD
r00tb33r
MJ12

Re:

Post by r00tb33r »

Placebo wrote:About notepads....when I first played Deus Ex, i used a REAL notepad 8) for writing down codes and passwords :lol:
I still use paper scraps to this day for any titles. Handy.