Wan Chai Market help?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: Wan Chai Market help?

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:
Jonas wrote:Of course it's even easier to just add -hax0r to your shortcut destination.
And what would that do?
Enable cheats permanently, quite handy if you are a dev. However deusex.human bCheatsenabled True doesn't work all the time. It's per level only. If you enter it at the start screen (spinning DX logo), then it won't work when a map is loaded up. Then you have to enter it again.

deusex.jcdenton (...) works until the game is exited.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Of course, if you're using HDTP, you can just type "cheat" at the console.

Coz I added that.

(NB: at least, I've certainly added it now, but I'm not 100% sure I did for the first release)
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Codes work regardless of whether you have discovered them in the current game or not. I believe it's an object property for the panels, and are at their final state as soon as they are spawned on the map. I've gone to Versa Life level 2 over the bridge right after downloading the ROM on level 1 or whatever it is called, because I already had the code written down. That sure does save you a bit of trouble and time, and the most weird thing is, when you meet Maggie Chow at the UI, you get the dialog you would have had at the tower, and she does not turn hostile on you, and you don't have to fight her. I believe it's one of the game script's variable's or flags that gets tripped when you see her for the first time. I guess that counts as the first time. I remember seeing switches for a bunch of variables in the developer window or whatever, among them there were like Jock's booze variable for the Underworld Tavern and stuff like that Maggie Chow encounter is probably among them.
Anyway, that 6 digit Luminous Path compound code doesn't sound right. Either you have modified map files, or you have corruption. That just ain't right. I've played through the game at least 50 times by now, exploring every little bit of it, never seen such before.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

IIRC, there are two keypads, one that is visible by default and that is exchanged with another (with 1997 iirc) once you have completed the mission the guy in front gave you. The same inside the compound at the painting -> TT.

So there's probably some variable screwing up going on, but I'm pretty sure that it is 'normal' DX behaviour to have two different keypads (with different key lengths no less) in HK.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

well it makes sense for them to do that because there's a bug if you do go in :D (yet they still need to test it in the event more content was added. so think of it as the ionstorm employee access ;)