The Human revolution thread, now with 233213% more spoilers

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Grammatolatry
MJ12

Re: The Human revolution thread, now with 233213% more spoil

Post by Grammatolatry »

Those bloody hostages...I didn't even know they needed rescuing until everyone was like "way to go, asshole, you left them to die!"
wink wonk
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:Those bloody hostages...I didn't even know they needed rescuing until everyone was like "way to go, asshole, you left them to die!"

Yeah, I found them by accident in my second playthrough. Then got yelled at because I hadn't disarmed the bomb already. :(
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

I love how there are so many options for Adam to take when talking to someone, like aggressive, cold, flirty...I'm being super nice this playthrough- emphathising with everyone. Next time I'm going to try nasty.

I have a question about the hookers. On youtube there's a clip showing Adam elbow-blading one through the chest, but before she blows him off (pun intended) it shows Jensen in 3rd-person view tapping on her shoulder. I don't get that view; is it because it's only for xbox and ps3?
wink wonk
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:I love how there are so many options for Adam to take when talking to someone, like aggressive, cold, flirty...I'm being super nice this playthrough- emphathising with everyone. Next time I'm going to try nasty.

I have a question about the hookers. On youtube there's a clip showing Adam elbow-blading one through the chest, but before she blows him off (pun intended) it shows Jensen in 3rd-person view tapping on her shoulder. I don't get that view; is it because it's only for xbox and ps3?
Good question, I've seen the tap on the shoulder when he punches someone in the face, I don't think I've seen it in a lethal takedown yet...not that it doesn't happen I guess.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hm are you sure the shoulder-tap was part of the elbow-blade takedown? I've only ever seen it in a non-lethal takedown, and of course only if you approach them from the back. Admittedly I almost never used the lethal takedown, it's noisy as fuck and it gives you 20 XP less. Better to just bring a silenced weapon to finish them off silently after knocking them out.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

Yes! I find it's so much easier to simply stealth around and render unconscious people who's backs are turned. You can't use the noisy weapons unless you have a silencer, and I've only found one of those. Damn, I'm up to Barrett, and he's a tough nut to crack...I just can't kill him!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:Yes! I find it's so much easier to simply stealth around and render unconscious people who's backs are turned. You can't use the noisy weapons unless you have a silencer, and I've only found one of those. Damn, I'm up to Barrett, and he's a tough nut to crack...I just can't kill him!
Just holler if you want a tip. :)
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

Hollering already!
I've already looked up walkthroughs but one called for a rocket launcher, which I don't have. The other utilizes the gas cannisters which I have yet to try. How did you do it?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:Hollering already!
I've already looked up walkthroughs but one called for a rocket launcher, which I don't have. The other utilizes the gas cannisters which I have yet to try. How did you do it?

Okay, you have all you need in the room. Having an extra gas 'nade you find before the battle makes life easier. Firstly you find EMP grenades and stuff scattered around the room. Hit him with EMP first, then the gas barrel, then explosive barrels or fire exstinguishers. With my gas 'nade found earlier, I tossed that at him and unloaded a combat rifle in his face after the gas cannister and a couple of explosive barrels, job done. Just keep out of his reach. I kept running around and utilising cover. Hope that helps.
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

Yes! Haha! He's dead!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:Yes! Haha! He's dead!

Awesome! It gave me sense of accomplishment when he went down for the count.
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

In the cutscene it annoyed me when Adam turned around, saw Barrett, but didnt leap away. Instead he stood there like dummy and let himself be punched. And really, who walks straight down the middle of a brightly lit room that you know is in enemy territory? Rookie!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:In the cutscene it annoyed me when Adam turned around, saw Barrett, but didnt leap away. Instead he stood there like dummy and let himself be punched. And really, who walks straight down the middle of a brightly lit room that you know is in enemy territory? Rookie!
Yeah, there are a few games with cut scenes that lead to your death or major injury. QA failure?

Rookie eh? I'll have to relate my police station calamity one day. All because I misread the bloody mission log. :P
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

bobby 55 wrote:
Grammatolatry wrote:In the cutscene it annoyed me when Adam turned around, saw Barrett, but didnt leap away. Instead he stood there like dummy and let himself be punched. And really, who walks straight down the middle of a brightly lit room that you know is in enemy territory? Rookie!
Yeah, there are a few games with cut scenes that lead to your death or major injury. QA failure?

Rookie eh? I'll have to relate my police station calamity one day. All because I misread the bloody mission log. :P
is this DX HR police station shenanigans, or DX 1? Regardless, relate!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:
is this DX HR police station shenanigans, or DX 1? Regardless, relate!
Misread Mission Madness-

This occured in my first playthrough of DX: HR. After getting Sarif's orders and seeing Megan's mum I headed to the Detroit Police Staion. Instead of walking through the front door and speaking to the dudes in the foyer I decided to to do the 'phantom ninja entry'. I got to the morgue unseen and completed that objective trouble free. At this stage I hadn't put any points into Cloak, oh dear.

The morgue objective done I opened up my log and read about the evidence on the computers. With patience, using vents, and luck, I got the required info off the computers. Next objective find the evidence in the storage locker. For what ever insane reason, perhaps watching crime shows, I was thinking evidence lockers. So I couldn't work out why the objective marker kept pointing to front door of the police station. I kept searching the police station setting off alarms, and meeting swift death. It was only when I exited via the top floor and saw the objective marker pointing to another area some 100 meters away that it finally hit me. Storage locker, you idiot, actually what I called myself was much worse.

I had quick saved just before exiting a vent into one of the offices in the station, so I only wasted 90 minutes valiantly looking for the lockers dying for no reason. In my second run I went through the front door. :P